·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

Earthpig, let us know what the ride is.
So far sounds like me, you and Craig but not sure about the conditions
in the Owyees based on Mark's post?

Do you want to just meet at CBack at noon and try for a dork loop?

Then we can all go to the mall!! :confused:

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
Okay,

Earthpig, let us know what the ride is.
So far sounds like me, you and Craig but not sure about the conditions
in the Owyees based on Mark's post?

Do you want to just meet at CBack at noon and try for a dork loop?

Then we can all go to the mall!! :confused:
It really doesn't matter to me where or when we ride tomorrow - I should be able to get an all-day kitchen pass, since the wife has been out of town for the last week (and I've been doing the single dad thing.) It's your post and ride, so you call it - where and when.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tomorrow at 10am at CamelBAck then

Craig, Flip,

I agree with Geoff, why drive an hour to go ride Ice in the Owhyees when we can do that locally!

Let's meet at Camelback then decide if we want to do the dork loop, or ride the road up to
Corrals then try that. If conditions turn out to be really bad once on the trail,
we can always do some climbing on the roads on our mtb's.....

Geoff, I saw a pair of Lakes at Georges Front Store so I assume they must be selling them and (hopefully) stocking a lot of sizes.

Who's in?

I have a Silver Hyundai with a Thule Rack. I don't have a rack myself, thank you

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
tomorrow - Camelsback

mtnbkrdr98 said:
Craig, Flip,

I agree with Geoff, why drive an hour to go ride Ice in the Owhyees when we can do that locally!

Let's meet at Camelback then decide if we want to do the dork loop, or ride the road up to
Corrals then try that. If conditions turn out to be really bad once on the trail,
we can always do some climbing on the roads on our mtb's.....

Geoff, I saw a pair of Lakes at Georges Front Store so I assume they must be selling them and (hopefully) stocking a lot of sizes.

Who's in?

I have a Silver Hyundai with a Thule Rack. I don't have a rack myself, thank you
Sounds good to me. Flip did note that the Owyhees are a great winter riding area when the foothills are too wet to ride, but that the foothills are fine now, save a few icy spots. Plus, for me, the less driving we do, the more riding I can do.

10 AM at Camelsback works for me, and it sounds like it would work for Twisted too.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay tomorrow 10am Camels Back

Sound like myself, Earthpig, Flip, Twisted, Bombin4X, possibly Dirk and Nels.

cya tomorrow.

Ping me too if any time changes, thanks

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
flipnidaho said:
It might be the only way I can keep up with you guys on the hills if everyone brings their heavy bikes..
Ha! This coming from someone who rides and runs like 5 times a day and weighs all of 130 lbs dripping wet. I'll bet Bombin has taken poops bigger than you. The only way we'll keep up with you is if we strap you to Bombin's back for the ride.

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Good morning laughs

Earthpig said:
Ha! This coming from someone who rides and runs like 5 times a day and weighs all of 130 lbs dripping wet. I'll bet Bombin has taken poops bigger than you. The only way we'll keep up with you is if we strap you to Bombin's back for the ride.
That was some funny stuff!

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Good Times in the snowy Boise Foothills

Daryl, Geoff, Steve, Dirk, and Gary - thanks for the ride this morning, I had a great time. Really enjoyed 90% of my first snow ride (that 3 mi climb was a beast) and am now going to take a nap...

thanks~
cp

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Good to cya, Craig

Bombin4X said:
Daryl, Geoff, Steve, Dirk, and Gary - thanks for the ride this morning, I had a great time. Really enjoyed 90% of my first snow ride (that 3 mi climb was a beast) and am now going to take a nap...

thanks~
cp
Glad you rode and thanks for brining the warmers. They helped a lot on the feet.
WE ended up at about 18.5 miles. Again the route: 8th street up to motorcycle parking, then down four, across the freeway to the connector singletrack down to military reserve, across the singletrack and "black forest' then back across the singletrack up sheet I forgot - helped me out here guys too many bong hits back in my wasted youth but good singletrack, climb up to Shanes loop, around that, down and up to elephant rock I think to Gary's house, then road back to Camels Back.

It was icy in the morning but once pedaling we were all good. I wore an old pair of gore tex ski gloves and they worked awesome - hands were nice and toasty the whole ride.

The boyz pulled off a decent bit of climbing and pedaling for arctic day
No mud and only one little spill on ice (me)

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.