Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
deez nuts
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone riding along the front range today? If so when and what trails would be rideable?

Thanks,

Shaft

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was thinking so. I havent been here for winter riding yet, but i heard Dakota Ridge is amost always dry/rideable.

TP

·
ride
5,274 Posts
As much as I'd like to see everyone's smiling faces stop by the shop, stay away from Hall Ranch. It'll be a mess for several more days. We got a ton of snow up here and it's finally melting today.

·
skillz to pay billz
3,554 Posts
I'm thinking about the hobbits. There will be snow on the ground but what the hey. Currently 41˚.

·
Registered
430 Posts
nOOby said:
I'm thinking about the hobbits. There will be snow on the ground but what the hey. Currently 41?.
Habit dude, not Hobbit. The first ever published account of these trails can be found here, back in '99. Referred to as the Habit Trails.

http://offcamber.com/igssc99story.htm

They were named after a hamster habitat home system, with all the twists and such. No Hobbits anywhere in sight...Hobbits prefer lush meadows and ground for farming (as any Tolkien reader knows)...no farm land on West Mag.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Unless you LOVE mud, by all means, go ride!

I thought about shuttling (cough, cough) Chimney Gultch to help a friend test ride some rigs. If its not snowed under, its gonna be sloppy.

Concrete urban may keep you dry!

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
Three Phase said:
I was thinking so. I havent been here for winter riding yet, but i heard Dakota Ridge is amost always dry/rideable.

TP
Give full report! I'll be there Tuesday

This should be a sticky thread 'til spring.:thumbsup:
Whats dry now?
How does this trail look??????

·
skillz to pay billz
3,554 Posts
Pluto Pilot said:
Habit dude, not Hobbit. The first ever published account of these trails can be found here, back in '99. Referred to as the Habit Trails.

http://offcamber.com/igssc99story.htm

They were named after a hamster habitat home system, with all the twists and such. No Hobbits anywhere in sight...Hobbits prefer lush meadows and ground for farming (as any Tolkien reader knows)...no farm land on West Mag.
well, that certainly makes sense, unfortunately It seems that 'hobbit' has stuck with many people. I'm merely regurgitating what I've heard. I'll make it a habit to call them by their correct nomenclature . Ba dum chang!

·
Registered
430 Posts
nOOby said:
well, that certainly makes sense, unfortunately It seems that 'hobbit' has stuck with many people. I'm merely regurgitating what I've heard. I'll make it a habit to call them by their correct nomenclature . Ba dum chang!
Yes, I know. The maps have Hobbit too. 100 years from now, they will be known as the Hobbit Trails, probably the result of some bloke who couldn't pronounce, or thought he was Gandalf the ****ing Grey after stumbling out of one of the four-hour epic movies and then passed it on. A mere eight years later, and history has been butchered. :madman:

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
Buffalo Creek was beautiful... it was a little tough with a few inches of snow, but no mud whatsoever. Got a good 16 miles in and stoked it was so nice out.

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
I thought about shuttling (cough, cough) Chimney Gultch to help a friend test ride some rigs.
Ya know, the logistics of a ChimChim shuttle are much simpler than that of Apex...
and the trail has a few less blind corners

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
front range migz said:
it was a blast! Good riding with you. We'll have to do it again soon.
Nice!! I was thinking of hitting that in the next couple of days with the Pugsley.

Larry

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hit Hidden Mesa yesterday, it was pretty decent. Bike is all muddy now, though, and I live in an apartment. Kinda wondering how to clean this **** off....

·
Registered
909 Posts
think I saw ya

up at the mesa, judging by your 07 GF 29er signature line. I was the fat guy on the red Blur, how was the desent off the mesa?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts