Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm going to ride DC to the ruins towmarow and explore the trail that go's around to San,Juan. Any one that want to join post up. I'm flexibale with the time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
No way!

I went today. I was going to pm you or post, but was not sure of when I was going to go.

Left the house at 9:45 and got home at 3:30pm!!

Went up to the ruins and tried to go up in the hills from there, but couldnt find much. I saw that trail snaking up in the hills behind the house, but decided to go back to the wash and see what I could find.

I followed the wash west and found a horse trail that went down the end of that canyon, it ends up switchbacking up the hill and drops down the other side that lead to two track which ends at more ruins of some houses. I cut right and found a trail that went up to a rideline dropped down and then I was on the flats of National right before the San Juan road and Bajada. Took Bajada all the way to the Ranger trail to Los Lomitas and up to Kiwanis. That looked ugly so went back down Los Lomitas to Derby loop over to the road and took road back up to Telegraph dropped down and came home on the Classic!

35 miles and 4.5 hours of wheel turning time. Including some hike a bike on Bajada, the switchback out of the ruins wash and down Telegraph.

Im beat!! Bajada was a workout on the SS.

The trail from the ruins is sweet. You will have fun on the Haro!! But I went off trail a little after the houses. The two track ends at one and then there are two more on the right. I kept going Northish off trail and came up to a ridgline where this trail intersected. Once yo get to the house you should figure it out.

I would go tomorrow again, but my wife will kill me for being gone on another long one. Have fun!!

Brit.

Attachments

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Wish I could make it. I have hiking duty tomorrow with the (soon to be) wife. Post up a time and if she decides that hiking is out, I might make it.

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
That was an awesome and wet ride.

Do you recall that girl that was xc running. She was the person that was way far away. Hella fast for a runner, male or female.

Kort, the ride was great and the scenery was absolutely fantastic.

Till the next time... Chuck

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cesslinger said:
That was an awesome and wet ride.

Do you recall that girl that was xc running. She was the person that was way far away. Hella fast for a runner, male or female.

Kort, the ride was great and the scenery was absolutely fantastic.

Till the next time... Chuck
No sh!t that was her!! She was lightning fast!

·
Hikers=SHlT
192 Posts
Does DC connect to those ruins somehow? I hike that area every once and a while. Last time I was there I went through the mines. I'm pretty damn sure there's a BIG kitty in one too. I believe it's called the Max Delta mine now that I think of it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StabMasta said:
Does DC connect to those ruins somehow? I hike that area every once and a while. Last time I was there I went through the mines. I'm pretty damn sure there's a BIG kitty in one too. I believe it's called the Max Delta mine now that I think of it.
The trail begins at the dranage pit on 5th ave. next to the church.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.