Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

My friends Michel and P eter made an interesting mountain bike ride , through the royal road , an old road in which were transported by mules, and even by slaves on foot , huge amount of gold and diamonds, from the region of Ouro Preto ( Brazil hinterland ) to Paraty (ancient brazilian port ) , near Rio de janeiro . In Paraty , gold and diamonds were sent to Portugal . However the biggest richness , the true wealth , i mean the mountains , forests , the beautiful and well preserved colonial cities , and it´s historical buildings and churchs , are still there waiting for our visit. Michel and Pedro had taken a lot of beautiful and interesting photos to share with us . Take a look at :
https://michelschanuel.blogspot.com and https://pedroadventurevr.blogspot.com/ comments (in english ) are welcome

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

·
BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
602 Posts
Looks like fun...

Wow cool pictures, really some nice cultural sites on the way. There are so many hidden jewels out there around the world. A mountain bike gives you so many options when traveling. Looks like fun, I really like the quote... "Combining this magical mountain at times I felt like a King, who owns all this land - in other slave carrying the heavy gold on my back." ... Isn't that a true metaphor for riding cross country?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Interesting Wiki on the Estrada Real here
Looks like great potential for an extended touring ride on this route.
thanks for posting!

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Wow, really cool! My neighbor is out riding the Tour de France course (not in the race but doing all the stages) but this is much more of something I would be interested in.. especially since I'm not a roadie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.