Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:madmax: anyone ever order anything from ride-this.com. i ordered a crankset and chainrings on 2/14.... their website says it can take up to 5 days to process an order and get it ready for shipment. they were supposed to ship everything out on the 25th but i havent heard jack-s#!% from them and ive sent multiple inquiries. about to start makin phone calls tomorrow. just wondering if anyone has heard of these guys or dealt with that site. i doubt ill be ordering anything else from them.........

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
i forget what i ordered, but i did buy something from these guys. shipping was slow and i did give them a 2nd chance on something else but they were out of stock and it took forever for them to come clean on that. after a few phone calls.

for online i usually use crc.

the guys at dropnzone have been great as well. phone them though, their site isn't set up as an online store. they have great pricing and communicate great though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats pretty much what is going on.... my cranks supposedly had to come from a supplier in new mexico... they said they would upgrade the shipping from ups ground to usps priority for no charge. i cant seem to get them to respond. i made the 1st phone call today after several e-mails. ill be making more calls tomorrow. what a P.I.T.A :madman:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
their supplier in NM is most likely BTI. They took a few weeks to get some stuff to me. When I first called & asked if they had it in stock, they said yes, and I should have them in 3 days. over a week went by, and I called to see what the status was. Said one of the items was in thieir warehouse, but waiting on the other because it was coming from new mexico and a snowstorm was slowing down shipping. When I asked why i was told they had everything in stock, which wasnt true, I didnt get a straight answer. But i got the items the next week. Its possible that their compuetr said they had one left, but when they looked in the warehouse they were out. However, I believe what they do is they check if BTI has it in stock, and if so they tell the customer it is in stock , and they will then get it from bti (which usually happens in just a few days) and then send it to you, but sometimes that whole process can take longet than they think . Ill bet they do this to make more sales, if they said "we dont have it in our warehouse, but can get it from bti in a few days" it would probably turn off a percentage of customers from buying (who would then look for someplace that actually has item in their own warehouse); and they're betting that this percentage is greater than the percentage of people who wont be returning customers because they had to wait longer than they were told. I think theyll find out they are betting wrong. You'll eventually get your stuff, they're not scammers just liars about the wait time. Universal cycles also takes a long time to ship stuff. My favorite is jenson; always fast shipping, and honest about stock status.oh, +1 on getting stuff from dropnzone, those guys are great.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ride-this.com ?????

I'm in the same boat with Ride-This: ordered a very specific tire on 2/18 - received a confirmation email that day of the receipt of my payment. The email also said that there would be a second email with tracking info when the order shipped.

As of a week later I'd not received that promised email w/ tracking #. So I sent them an email. No response. None!

It's now another week later - two weeks since the order - and still no word. So I sent them another email today...

I remember going through this with Ride-This.com before - quite a while ago.

Communication, simple communication would go such a long way...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yeah i didnt get my tracking# email either. when I called they said they sent it, and email mustve bounced somehow. he repeated back my email address, he had it right. Complete BS. He just didnt wanna admit it wasnt shipped yet. I am so sick of dishonesty in commerce. At my work i am completely honest and straight-up with my customers, whether it what they want to hear or not, and they all appreciate it very much in the end and i get their repeat business. Which is why my custom picture framing shop is the last surviving one in town. (art and framing industry was very hard hit by recession, a year ago it was the worst its ever been, ever; but its recovering a bit now i think)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well needless to say, youre right. i wont be a returning customer.... i just recieved an email saying that it is packaged and awaiting a courrier... it also said it was shipping via fedex. so i entered the tracking # on fedex.com and drew a blank. a previous e-mail (the only reply i ever recieved from anyone there) said they would upgrade my shipping to usps priority for having to wait longer... so i checked usps and sure enough, that was the right shipper. too many inconsistencies.... i have ordered stuff for my current build from a lot of different sites... universal, jenson, pricepoint, and several others. i didnt seem to have any issues with anyone else but these guys. i did have to buy my rear der. 4 times. i was after the xtr m-970 gs which i have learned shimano stopped making... but i got 3 refunds with no issues and talked to the 4th company on the phone to make sure they could physically hold one in their hand and tell me they had one... but i sent 4 or 5 emails and called 3 or 4 times and never got ride-this to answer the phone or respond to my emails until today... ill just be happy when the package shows up and i can finish the build....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also am currently having a bad experience. I ordered a fork they said was available. After 3 weeks of phone calls and lies about it being shipped, I called to cancel my order. It's been 10 more days and still no money in my account. They are no longer answering their phones when I have been calling. I will be filing a claim with my bank next week.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Check out their "Info" page at the bottom for phone numbers. Two days ago I spent the entire day trying to call both numbers to ask about my order. No answer and no reply to my message. I had ordered a NoTubes Arch 29 wheelset for a great price that has since gone up $80. These will go on an Anthem X 29 frame build in progress.

After I placed the order I began finding MANY negative reviews for Ride-This and began to get scared. I was actually calling to try and cancel my order. I was never able to get anyone contacted but I just got an email saying the wheels shipped on March 10. I placed the order on March 5...right in line with their 5 days window on their website.

It is looking like my concerns were benign and I will be very happy once I get the wheelset considering the price I paid. That said, the inability to make contact and the large amount of negative feedback will steer me away from any further purchases.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i finally got my order and it was missing the 36t chainring. no reason listed... i called them right away and was suprised i actually got someone to answer... i was told the ring went to backorder. after waiting 3 weeks for my order, it wasnt right. they offered to send me a different ring free of charge and send me the right one when it was available. what a bunch of crap... i told them no thanks and refund the amount of the ring.... he didnt sound too happy to do it but i wasnt too happy with their customer service or waiting almost a month for something i could have gotten in a few days from somewhere else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i usually do stick with the bigger suppliers. i like giving some other places a shot though too. some of them turn out to be awesome... like treefort... but its always a gamble with any of these other lesser known suppliers...

·
2,672 Posts
I just read this after I ordered a seatpost from ride-this.com a week ago and have gotten no word about if is has shipped yet. I e-mail them and got no answer and I called them just to get an answering machine. I'm kinda pissed about this. I can't ride my new frame until this damn seatpost comes.

Last time I order from these guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I read this thread a little too late. I ordered a couple of stuffs from them 5 days ago and hoping that they are delivering it today. After reading this thread, my hopes are all gone. Worst, I am not from US and that means I have even slower response and even slower delivery time.

Thought they are reliable as I got their website through google shopping search....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sorry to hear lonelyrunner,
Best of luck with your order. Just understand you will not be able to contact them should you have a problem. Avoid Ride-This in the future at all costs. Some reliable US e-tailers are listed below:

jensonusa.com
universalcycles.com
pricepoint.com
treefortbikes.com
performancebike.com
hucknroll.com

Hope your order arrives before Autumn.

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
I guess I got off lucky. It took a few weeks for my fork to come in, but they charged my credit card when I placed the order! Not cool. I spoke to my credit card company and they said that if they put it in their terms and conditions it was kosher, but I read their terms and nowhere did it state anything like that.

I checked BTI when I ordered it and there was stock on my fork. I'm sure that's where they get it from as the part numbers were the same. They said something about their computer database being moved over or something - still no excuse for charging my card early and having a delay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too am having a way slow time dealing with Ride-This....ordered a seatpost and bottom bracket on 07/09/11 and still no follow-up emails letting me know that it was shipped. I've tried emailing them to get an estimated delivery date and of course no response. I wish I would have read this thread a long time ago. Not knowing when (or if) my parts will arrive is not worth the $20 I saved versus other online stores.
For what it's worth, I ordered some other parts from Price Point the same day and already have them in hand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.