Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some new hubs and ride-this has some good deals. Has anyone ever ordered from them? Are they good, will shipping be prompt? I dont want to be sitting around waiting for 4 weeks to get a hub.

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
I'm pretty sure bob swears by Go Ride. I've had some friends who ordered from ride-this and they weren't too bad. My friends said they weren't the fastest shippers but weren't horrible. If you are getting a good deal and extra few days won't kill you.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i dont mind a few days but i hear the horror stories of like 6 weeks, just want to be careful.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I've ordered from them. Victor always helped with my questions via email.
But, when I ordered, all parts registered as "in stock" until a day or so after order, then I received notice that they couldn't get the rim, etc., etc, longer wait, still got the other stuff in a decent time though. I was satisfied, things worked out, and I'll probably order from them again if I see a deal. They also have a "sister" bmx site, but it is pretty bunk as far as I could tell. They do have one part on there that I want, but I don't believe it is out yet...
I haven't heard any horror stories from here as I have a few others though... man, there are some horrible retailers out there...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
hab1b said:
I am looking at getting some new hubs and ride-this has some good deals. Has anyone ever ordered from them? Are they good, will shipping be prompt? I dont want to be sitting around waiting for 4 weeks to get a hub.
heck yeah, they hooked me up! good place:thumbsup:

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have and I definately wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure if you're one of their "homies" or ride for the company they'll get your stuff to you but if you ask anyone else that's ordered from 'em it's been a nightmare. Mine began when I did an automated order online and something went wrong with their shipping calculator and didn't charge me enough shipping. As opposed to just shootin me an email and saying "hey bro there was a little mistake with our system can you send us a few more bucks for shipping?" which I would have been more than happy to do. This dude that later turned out to be the OWNER sent me this obnoxious and childish email pretty much accusing me of purposely tryna jack them for like $5 bucks off the shipping. Which I couldn't have done in the online purchase process if I wanted to. So I called to ask about the whole deal and talked to some other dude that just gave me more attitude... I finally got irritated and just cancelled the order.

Here's the kicker...about a week before I had also ordered a seatpost which I just assumed would still show up eventually. Not only didn't it show up but no one ever called to let me know what was up until I finally found a refund from them on my statement. So when I call AGAIN to see what the deal with that was, the dude just tells me point blank that they didn't have it...this is 3 weeks later.

After mentioning this story to a few other homies in the bike business around Norcal and Oregon I found out that this is pretty much how they operate and I've heard a ton of horror stories about people waiting weeks and weeks for stuff they ordered since then.
Evidently they just take your order for parts they don't have and THEN order your parts from the manufacturer. Honestly I wouldn't care if that was the case if you got your stuff in some kinda reasonable amount of time but what bothered me was that they acted like a complete tool about the whole issue which was their fault to begin with. That's just not how you make friends in this industry...from what I hear I wouldn't look for 'em to be around too long.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I've ordered from them a few times, not the fastest shipping but no issues. I've also emailed asking questions and they are helpful with telling me what they have and how long it will take for other things to come in. I mite have them built me a rear wheel in the next week or so..

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've ordered quite a bit from them, and on my last build there was a lot of me changing my mind and sending stuff back for exchanges, etc...
Victor always responded promptly and in a friendly and helpful manner, and shipping wasn't unusually slow or anything, top notch operation in my book. I always check there first now when I'm shopping for bike stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've spent many a paychecks there and never had any problems, and I've never heard of anyone else having any problems with them where they didn't get taken care of. If something was ever out of stock or they needed to order it they let me know right away and asked if I was cool to wait. Rock solid company!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've ordered from them because they were the only retailer stocking some small niche stuff I was looking for...

There were some longer-than-anticipated delays in shipping, but inquiries were always promptly & courteously answered by Victor. No big deal; I was just happy to find an way to get some of the parts I was after.

I would definitely order from them again; if in doubt about "in stock" status, just give them a call first. Assuming it's labeled as "In stock" on the webpage has burned me on online orders from many shops.

Cheers, Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.