Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head up to the Keweenaw on May 25th-27th for a weekend of Fat Tires, Friends, Food and Fun...Ride the Keweenaw 2012. Things kick of Friday night with a gathering at the Keweenaw Brewing Company in downtown Houghton. Saturday is a day of riding with guided rides at Michigan Tech Trails, Churning Rapids Trails and Swedetown Trails. Saturday also features a Jumping Clinic/Demonstration at the Michigan Tech Trails with Trek Pro Andrew Shandro and IMBA's Tammy Donahue. On Saturday evening folks will gather up in the Harbor for Music at the Mariner. Sunday is all Copper Harbor with guided rides, women only rides, discounted $10 shuttles, jumping exhibition with the pros on the Flying Squirrel Trail and topped off with the newly named Copper Harbor Ride Center dedication. Sunday evening we will have a party in the Copper Harbor park with music by Raven Congress and a BBQ. Keep up to date on the event by 'liking' us on Facebook: Ride the Keweenaw | Facebook

·
Registered
766 Posts
Holy crap! SO in. I know what I'm now doing that weekend! I haven't been to CH since late October of last year, and I'm itching to go back!

I'd also like to ride the tech trails as I haven't done so yet. Its on my list.

·
Registered
416 Posts
complet weekend details

This note came across a locale list yesterday. Hope we see some of you characters here! We reside about 1/2 a mile for tech trails if anyien cares to stay with us. The trail mutt has also updated her blog including some ride photos. The Trail Mutt Reports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to start planning your weekends and there's no better way to get out on the trails that the 3rd annual Ride the Keweenaw. Events start
Friday, May 25th and continue through Sunday evening. The Ride the
Keweenaw will showcase four great trail systems with guided rides throughout the weekend and also will feature the grand opening of the Copper Harbor IMBA Ride Center. We are excited to have Pro riders Andrew Shandro and Tammy Donahue joining us for a jumping clinic at the Michigan Tech Trails on Saturday, a women's clinic on Sunday and a freeride exhibition on Flying Squirrel Trail in Copper Harbor.

Sunday of Ride the Keweenaw is the Ride Center Party in the Park fundraiser. For $25 you can get some good food, listen to some great music and contribute to the trails. Please help us plan for attendance by registering for Sunday evening. Simply click here:
https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=219 add your email and the number of people you're bringing to the party!

Make sure to read on for the complete weekend schedule and plan to join us for one, two or all of the weekend's events! Bring your friends, family and riding legs for a fun weekend of trails, food, good times, music and pro-riders..

Friday, May 25

8:00 pm - Mountain Bike Social at Keweenaw Brewing Co., downtown Houghton

Saturday, May 26

9 am - Guided group ride at Michigan Tech Trails (post-ride food at trailhead)
10 am - Jumping clinic/demo - Michigan Tech Trails - Andrew Shandro and Tammy Donohugh Noon - Guided group ride at Churning Rapids Trails, Hancock (post-ride
refreshments)
3 pm - Guided group ride at Swedetown Trails, Calumet (post-ride grill-out at Swedetown)
9 pm - Social gathering/music - Mariner North in Copper Harbor

Sunday, May 27

10 am - 4 pm - Demo Day in Copper Harbor Park
10 am - Women's MTB skill clinic and ride, Copper Harbor
10 am - Group rides at Copper Harbor trail, Copper Harbor Park Noon - 5 pm - Discounted shuttles up Brockway Mtn ($10 - Keweenaw Adventure Co., Copper Harbor
1 pm - IMBA Ride Center dedication - Top of Flow Trail on Brockway Mtn.
1:30 pm - Flying Squirrel Freeride Demo - Andrew Shandro and Tammy Donahugh
7 pm - Party in the Park (BBQ, beverages and music) - Copper Harbor Park

www.facebook.com/RidetheKeweenaw
www.copperharbortrails.org
Keweenaw Trails | Outdoor adventures in Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula

·
Registered
416 Posts
CH photos

The below photos were taken on Copper Harbor trails which IMBA designated as a Bronze Ride Center this past fall.. There are only 6 of these in the states. (or is it the world??)

Copper Harbor (MI) Bronze-level | International Mountain Bicycling Association

If any of you reside in lower Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota. You are well within a easy drive to come up and see these trails for yourself.

And Gromit invites you to stay with us. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
We got up to Copper Harbor for the 1st time this year and had a GREAT little ride up there. Would anyone care to see photos we took there?? I could post them here or Gromit did add them to her blog from that. Whatever the case, let me know.

The adventure dogs blog. The Trail Mutt Reports

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aww man, that looks so awesome, I wish I knew how awesomely CH has progressed since I graduated. Colorado is great but too many people, too many regulated trails. Live it up if you have the chance sounds like a good time!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks guys,,, you are too kind. The fellows up at Copper Harbor just completed a dirt jump track called the Flying Squirrel And they uploaded a video of riders trying it out on their site

www.copperharbortrails.org

Hope we see you here!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think what I may do is drive all the way up on Sunday AM from Marquette, ride copper all day with everyone, camp up there that night, maybe do some more in the AM, or try houghton on the way home? Not sure...

·
Registered
416 Posts
weekend ride photos

Hope we see ya Eric!! Are you looking to ride with someone at Tech trails?? I might be able to....

This weekend we headed up to CH to get away from this horrid heat and got to ride some new trails (reroutes really). Below is a couple photos. Many more can be had at the dogs blog.

The Trail Mutt Reports

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts