Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and others on the disabled list. Feel free to add your pics and ride reports to keep up the spirits of the wounded.

Here's a picture from my ride yesterday on my Pugsley. I was riding uphill on loose sand and wishing I had a couple of gears lower than my 22 x 34. It's amazing how much flotation and traction these huge tires afford.

Turner content #1: I own a Turner.

Turner content #2: tscheezy was able to fit this rim and a slightly smaller tire into a Turner frame. I wonder how his snaux bike's working this winter.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Bob, what trail is that? On a side note, MIke Curiak was in town yesterday. I took he and his crew on the barrels, and introduced them to the South Shore. It was a good time.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Here's a non-ride report for Aquaholic. Riding is soooooo last week; here in Colorado, we shovel snow for fun.Aqua, this is excellent injury rehab excercise:

This is called, "resting between 5 foot drift removal":

This is called, "lets find the car":

This is called, "we found the car. let's dig it out":

Riding is so overated. There are many fun things you can do while you heal up!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Rick, I live in Nederland. I don't know how much more snow for this weekend, mabey a foot.
Biker, unfortunately, I don't own a bobcat; but I'd love to have one of these, this is what eventually dug me out:

EIO, agreed, I wasn't truely resting. I ran out of beer and coffee while we were trapped by the snow. Conditions were truely desparate!

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Renegade said:
EIO, agreed, I wasn't truely resting. I ran out of beer and coffee while we were trapped by the snow. Conditions were truely desparate!
You don't even have a proper snow shovel? You deserved to be without your medication!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Debaser said:
You don't even have a proper snow shovel? You deserved to be without your medication!
I was using the dirt shovel to shave off snow from the wall seen on my right, then used a proper snow shovel to scoop it up.
I'm thinking about getting a second mortgage so that I can buy a caterpillar front end loader like the one pictured above!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
El Chingon said:
On a side note, MIke Curiak was in town yesterday. I took he and his crew on the barrels, and introduced them to the South Shore. It was a good time.
While I understand that some individuals shy away from inclimate weather, seeking more temperate climes when the thermometer drops, there are those of us who do not flinch at the worst that Mother Nature has to offer. ;) :lol: :D

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,214 Posts
Awesome, keep those pics coming. Actually...you know what would really cheer me up right now? Show me some pics of your gravity retarders.

Rodman sent me this pic yesterday. He's experimenting with Photo shop.

Attachments

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Awesome, keep those pics coming. Actually...you know what would really cheer me up right now? Show me some pics of your gravity retarders.

Rodman sent me this pic yesterday. He's experimenting with Photo shop.
tell Rodman to rubber stamp that offensive crack out next time :) here ya go

edit: hope you are healed up and back on your bike real soon!

Attachments

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
El Chingon said:
Bob, what trail is that? On a side note, MIke Curiak was in town yesterday. I took he and his crew on the barrels, and introduced them to the South Shore. It was a good time.
This isn't a trail. We just went cross country in the sand south of Sand Mountain right up to the edge of the steepest cliffs, then traversed to the east.

Mike rides those big hoops pretty well. He pretty much puts the "29er wheels are death traps that can't take abuse" thing to bed, doesn't he?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.