Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking the Superfly 7 or 8 model might be my next xc race bike and I am wondering how the new frame rides? If anyone can proved their opinion on how the new frames vertical compliance feels, that'd be awesome. Also I'm looking at the F29 4 and have yet to decide on which I like better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
The 8 is almost the cost of a 9.6 which has outstanding compliance and trail feel. Check that model out for your purposes.
I would swap in a Motion Control DNA RLT SID damper and an XT cassette(56 at CRC). Your own wheelset would also help any of these bikes for racing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Thanks for the info. So the 9.6 would have a pretty rad ride huh???
The reason I was considering the alloy bike was price and I've had a little saddle time on an alloy f29 and thought the ride was great for not being carbon. I'm trying not to stretch my budget to far. I was thinking the 7 model with a set of Nox xcr29 rims laced to some I9 hubs and calling it good.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the info. So the 9.6 would have a pretty rad ride huh???
The reason I was considering the alloy bike was price and I've had a little saddle time on an alloy f29 and thought the ride was great for not being carbon. I'm trying not to stretch my budget to far. I was thinking the 7 model with a set of Nox xcr29 rims laced to some I9 hubs and calling it good.
Quite noticeably better frame action. The fork needs small bump compliance work. The m615 brakes are almost as strong as SLX or XTs because of smaller line.
Wide Lightning or LB 35mm rims/DT 350/Sapim Lasers/brass nips are additional wheel options. Look for Trek Fest discount. Use cash for an extra 3%. Get a discount on the associated wheelset purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts