Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: Putting together a Dos Niner . Got most of the new parts, but not all. I could put it together with stuff I have lying around the shop that would work but doesn't really match- things like seatpost, cheap cables, headset, old front wheel. New stuff that's nice, new and shiny will be here in 2-3 weeks.
I still have my hardtail up and running so I can go without the Dos.:thumbsup:

Would you build up now with old stuff to ride over the holidays?
or would you wait three weeks until it's built up as the blinged out dream machine and just ride the old bike til then?

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
No WAY!! A new bike is new only once- once you mount stuff (bling or old) on it and you have ridden, it is no longer a new bike- wait for the complete package, do not cheat yourself with a little now, then a little later, then a little more after that.

I have been at that "Y" in the road, and have chosen each path- the "ride now" is wide, easy and flat, the "wait" is narrow, rocky and steep. Few choose the narrow, but they are rewarded with sweet single-track!

Patience, Daniel-sahn, patience.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My vote is to definitely wait.. I would say otherwise if you didn't have another to ride. As stated above, a bike is only new once...

Be patient and then ENJOY!!!

PF

·
Registered
753 Posts
Also,

could we collectively come up with a new term for "Blinged Out"? I am really growing tired of the Cheese Ass Rap Video/Song reference. There has to be something better out there...

PF

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
crepitus said:
:thumbsup: Putting together a Dos Niner . Got most of the new parts, but not all. I could put it together with stuff I have lying around the shop that would work but doesn't really match- things like seatpost, cheap cables, headset, old front wheel. New stuff that's nice, new and shiny will be here in 2-3 weeks.
I still have my hardtail up and running so I can go without the Dos.:thumbsup:

Would you build up now with old stuff to ride over the holidays?
or would you wait three weeks until it's built up as the blinged out dream machine and just ride the old bike til then?
Ride it now with the gear you have. Your bike will probably go through many incarnations in the next few years - so enjoy it all during those phases. Put the new stuff on when it arrives in 2-3 weeks and don't miss the big wheeled goodness while you can. If you scratch and trash your Dos enough in the next 3 weeks to not make the new stuff look like an all new bike I would be surprised. Plus, you can clean it all up and make it look plenty new after a couple of weeks.

Ride it.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BB

P.S. I'd be building up my new JET 9 and riding it with the stuff I have if it wasn't -5 and snowing like a mofo...

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
PanFry said:
Also,

could we collectively come up with a new term for "Blinged Out"? I am really growing tired of the Cheese Ass Rap Video/Song reference. There has to be something better out there...

PF
In Maine, when referring to a 4x4 or a MTB, it is not Bling. It is Clank.

:)

RJ

PS ride it...it's about the ride. The Bike is always greater than the sum of it's parts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.