Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Joenes
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thouroughly enjoy lurking through this forum, I feel like I've learned alot about each of the members that are frequent posters.

I have to say that I'm impressed at the level of detail and nuance with which each of y'all bring to the forum. I can't tell this difference between one tire or another, this part or that part. I believe in quality equipement mostly for the sake of longevity and consistent performance. I'm a nut for bike fit but could care or less who made it, what it's made from or where it's been made. Give me a reasonable quality ride in something resembling my size, I will move the seat around maybe swap the stem out, fiddle with the air pressure. Mostly I will ride it and eventually I will come to understand how it performs best. In other words, I conform to the bike (just about any bike) and not the other way around.

As for myself, I've been riding and racing bicycles for quite a long time now and consider myself a very capable rider.

I chose SS and 29er's to simplify this process and it's working. I love it. I'm glad to be a part of this forum now. Expect me to keep y'all's geeking out in check, I'm here to keep reminding all to ride fast and smile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
josegraff said:
I thouroughly enjoy lurking through this forum, I feel like I've learned alot about each of the members that are frequent posters.

I have to say that I'm impressed at the level of detail and nuance with which each of y'all bring to the forum. I can't tell this difference between one tire or another, this part or that part. I believe in quality equipement mostly for the sake of longevity and consistent performance. I'm a nut for bike fit but could care or less who made it, what it's made from or where it's been made. Give me a reasonable quality ride in something resembling my size, I will move the seat around maybe swap the stem out, fiddle with the air pressure. Mostly I will ride it and eventually I will come to understand how it performs best. In other words, I conform to the bike (just about any bike) and not the other way around.

As for myself, I've been riding and racing bicycles for quite a long time now and consider myself a very capable rider.

I chose SS and 29er's to simplify this process and it's working. I love it. I'm glad to be a part of this forum now. Expect me to keep y'all's geeking out in check, I'm here to keep reminding all to ride fast and smile.
I'm with you, I love reading all the "geeking out stuff", but I mostly ride.
My 29" SS... and yes I'm called the geek riding the SS.

Marry Christmas all you GEEKS
Durb

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,751 Posts
josegraff said:
In other words, I conform to the bike (just about any bike) and not the other way around.
I use to say that of myself too. But then I had a bike made to conform to me, and my cycling experience was brought up to a whole new level of geekdom. Now, my opinion is to dictate to the bike rather than have the bike dictate to me...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I WISH I could be riding right now. Since I can't, I might as well waste time at work thinking about it, right? It's the beauty of the internet... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.