Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "normal" but they handle very well on any terrain. Personally I find the turning resistance of the endos annoying on pavement and dirt, but others don't seem to mind. If you check out the top sticky on this forum you will get a good idea of how some different bikes handle relative to each other. Options for cranks & wheel sets are somewhat limited, but otherwise the builds are no different than other mountain bikes.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I run...

...100's, 80's and 50's on my TiFatback...She is a very well behaved steed regardless of which wheels / tires she is shod...fast and efficient on Umma's and slicks in the summer, sure footed with the same umma's on Studs on ice...she enjoys a nice, slow steady plod with 100's in the winter (So do I, slow and low, that is the tempo). not as much time on the 80's (SO is stingy with her wheelset), but a bit faster, quicker and lighter than the 100's...all in all a well behaved mount...no real negatives I can think of, other than I don't quite fit the frame, stuck in-between sizes, but I'm making due...Oh, and her fork is a bit flexy when she is fully loaded for touring, but I hold Surly responsible for that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.