Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented an '08 Stumpy FSR and rode the flume trail along Tahoe last week and am really considering buying one. I also like the Enduro but haven't ridden one and the cost is way out of my budget. Now that the Pitch is in the line up it could be a contender being that it costs less than the Enduro. It seems to share a lot of features and geometry with the Enduro so I'd like to know how the Stumpjumper and Pitch are going to ride differently from one another.

Many Thanks S1

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've demoed an Enduro and a Stumpy and the difference is basically that the Stumpy is better at climbing and the Enduro is better at coming down hills. Seeing as the coming down hills is the more fun part for me I am going for a Pitch I think. The Stumpy just didn't feel that exciting on the downhill.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Pick up a copty of the july issue of mountain bike action...it has a reviewof the pitch pro....but as for the difference.....the stumpy is going to climb better but the pitch is going to be more fun on the down hill sections plus it will take more of a beating. I have an enduro SL and love...it climbs great and is a blast on the downhill...If you are looking for an"all mountain" bike id say go with the pitch pro.....its cheaper than the stumpy so you will have extra cash to upgrade stuff as you see fit.....mostly it just depends on the type of riding u mainly do...I do know that the 08 stumpies lean more towards the cross country side of riding

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it is amazing on how much of a deal the pitch is, ------it is basically an enduro .

i actually climb better on my enduro that i did the 08 stumpy --------but thats just me , the enduro just really worked well for me -------and of course ripping up the down hill is something the enduro really excells at .

and the pitch is basically and affordable enduro.

i am blown away at what you get when you buy the pitch , ----it is one great big bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.