Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrap your mind around this. I have an F80x which naturally has no sag in it. So by that logic you get a full 80 mils of travel. If i got an F100 I would set the sag at 20mils like setup recomends. would i therefore get 80 mils of travel and effectively have two forks with the same travel?:madman: :madman: :madman:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Um, the X forks have the same sag as the other fox forks of the same travel. It just is a slow sag vs instant. When riding on a flat surface, it will be down about 12-16mm. I belive they mention in the manual to measure it after sitting on the bike for 30 seconds.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
chris_nor_cal said:
Wrap your mind around this. I have an F80x which naturally has no sag in it. So by that logic you get a full 80 mils of travel. If i got an F100 I would set the sag at 20mils like setup recomends. would i therefore get 80 mils of travel and effectively have two forks with the same travel?:madman: :madman: :madman:
Both forks could work at different sags. And feel different. Check for the A-to-C distance and thats affects geometry. When you sag a fork or a shock it doesn't mean that you 'loose' that distance, only that it's set that way, and when you hit some rocks or something, it will help you smooth things out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.