Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Whistler vacation and thought I'd put in a good word for the best part of the trip - the 2 day Richie Schley free ride camp. It started out with us peddling around the skills course so they could judge our skills and put us into appropriate skill level groups. Our group had 5 members- a very nice rider to intructor ratio. Had a little mini lecture and Q&A on high speed cornerning with Richie followed by warm up ride down B line (easy trail) followed by slightly more difficult blue line run. I forget the exact trails but the great part is the instruction continues on the trails with Richie (or Brendan on day 2) following behind each rider in turn and giving advice during the stops. Next we hit the jump/drop park and spent a couple of hours jumping and dropping with the coaches watching and giving advice after each run. I had zero skills to start but received a solid base to build on. The rest of the day was spent riding A line (trail with many jumps). The coaching on the trails was outstanding. The second day was similar to the first with Brendan coaching our group. The advice to break well before the jump and not break for at least 15' before the jump made my jumps much smoother.
To sum up: 5 flaming Chli's reccommendation. Good for all skill levels. My group was an intermiadiate group doing single black trails but there was also an advanced group doing double black trails. There was a third group also but I'm not sure what there skill level was. I'll definitly be back next year- hopefully I'll be ready for the double black trails by then.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.