Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke some ribs snow boarding and i'm on week six, is it ever going to end? My question is if I ride just on the trainer and experience pain am I prolonging the healing process or will the healing process be the same if I was just resting? I did too much the other day so I've just been taking it easy and just spinning (boring).:madman:

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,184 Posts
Eventually... I nailed a couple of mine skateboarding. Took forever (like 6 months) before I could cough, sneeze, laugh and inhale rapidly w/o pain. I don't think you will slow down the healing process by pushing the limits a bit.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I fractured my ribs on a endo over wet roots : ( It took a good three months. and just my luck I got some kind of cough during this time. hated it. I was going stir crazy so I rode my bike on the streets but stayed off the trails.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I broke 8 ribs and my collar bone 4 months ago today in a mountain bike crash. I was not able to do much for 2 months but was starting to feel better. My buddies offered to have me come on our yearly ski trip out west which would be at 3.5 months from the accident. I decieded to go for it. We just got back from a week at Lake Tahoe where we skiied 5 days of black and double black diamonds at Squaw, Kirkwood and others with no pain or injuries. I think it was a miracle that I was able to go at all but even better that we got 4 feet of snow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.