Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Viva Avion
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear Rhythm Basic rear hub part #230517 G.J./SRAM PG-950 11-32

My '08 Remedy 7's rear free hub doesn't track true. I only have 56 miles on this bike, I'm the first owner from Trek dealership, (99% pavement miles). The rear drive train has not operated properly since I took delivery of this bike. At first I thought the rear derailer was out of adjustment but after several adjustments by LBS and checking of derailer hanger alignment, still had an issue of: jumping to the next smallest cog on the cassette when back pedaled, not even in a cross chained gear. After this issue caused a chain suck and scratched the #@$! out of the chainstay, I put the bike on my stand and pedaled the wheel and let it freewheel. The cassette wobbles at least 3-5mm. WTF. Anyone else had problems with this hub/cassette combo? I also own an '07 HiFi with Shimano 525's on one wheelset and 475's on another, both with SRAM PG-950 11-32 cassettes. I have almost 5,000 miles on that bike and have never had any problems with the drive train. For any ideas on what to do, I thank you in advance. Help a brother out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.