Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up some pics of the latest build on my RFX. Just Powerdered the rear swingarm, installed all new bushings, added the Evil/e13 DRS, and added the Sherman Slider. Here is the spec:

Build:

Frame: 18" Medium '02 RFX with Fox Vanilla RC
Headset: Chris King Steelset
Bar: Easton Scandium DH
Grips: Yeti ODI Hardcore
Brakes: Avid Disc, 203mm front 185mm rear
Brake Levers: Avid Ultimate
Cables: XT/Avid Full metal Jacket
FD: XT
RD: XTR medium cage
Cassette: 11-34 XT 9 spd
Shifters: XT 9 spd
Rings: RF 22-32
Chainguide: Evil DRS w/ '04 Stealth Roller
Fork: Manitou Slider '03 6"
Stem: Thomson Elite 70x5
Rims: Mavid D521
Spokes: Wheelsmith DH13
Hubs: Chris King-20mm Front, Rear has Bolt-On axle (fun bolts)
Seat: WTB Laser V (leather, ti rails)
BB: Truvativ DHLT
Cranks: RF North Shore
Tires: Kenda Kinetics Stick-E 2.6
Chain: SRAM PC99
SeatPost Collar: Salsa
Pedals: Choice of Time Z or Easton Flatboy

Check the Buy and Sell Forum in the next few days...

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Humna, humna...that IS a nice bike...I love the White colour too :)

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Dammm that's sweet! The RFX keeps looking better and better....
I like the black & white scheme.
That seat looks a lot bigger than a Laser V stealth...more like a Power V. Maybe it's just the camera angle.

I have the DRS also. Trimmed for trail riding :D <GRIN>

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Man that looks SICK. With the rear matching the fork it's beautiful and burly. Nice build for sure. did you have any problems with the salsa clamp hitting on the seatstay yoke when you bottom out? I was about to change my seatpost clamp to a salsa but on my16.5 frame it was interfering with the black rocker plates and yoke at full compression.

Note: I have the 6in travel plates.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikezilla said:
Dammm that's sweet! The RFX keeps looking better and better....
I like the black & white scheme.
That seat looks a lot bigger than a Laser V stealth...more like a Power V. Maybe it's just the camera angle.

I have the DRS also. Trimmed for trail riding <grin>
Yeah, I think you are right...it is a power v. Oops...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shanedawg said:
Man that looks SICK. With the rear matching the fork it's beautiful and burly. Nice build for sure. did you have any problems with the salsa clamp hitting on the seatstay yoke when you bottom out? I was about to change my seatpost clamp to a salsa but on my16.5 frame it was interfering with the black rocker plates and yoke at full compression.

Note: I have teh 6in travel plates. It looks like yours may be 5in?
the seatstay yoke comes close to hitting the salsa at full bottom, but it doesn't make contact. It must be a 18" vs. 16.5" difference.

I also have the 6" plates....

KL

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
KLars said:
the seatstay yoke comes close to hitting the salsa at full bottom, but it doesn't make contact. It must be a 18" vs. 16.5" difference.

I also have the 6" plates....

KL
cool. Mine was actually hitting on the underside of the yoke right near the zerk fitting. Glad to hear you don't have a problem on the 18in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Powder Coating ?

KLars said:
Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up some pics of the latest build on my RFX. Just Powerdered the rear swingarm, installed all new bushings, added the Evil/e13 DRS, and added the Sherman Slider. Here is the spec:

Build:

Frame: 18" Medium '02 RFX with Fox Vanilla RC
Headset: Chris King Steelset
Bar: Easton Scandium DH
Grips: Yeti ODI Hardcore
Brakes: Avid Disc, 203mm front 185mm rear
Brake Levers: Avid Ultimate
Cables: XT/Avid Full metal Jacket
FD: XT
RD: XTR medium cage
Cassette: 11-34 XT 9 spd
Shifters: XT 9 spd
Rings: RF 22-32
Chainguide: Evil DRS w/ '04 Stealth Roller
Fork: Manitou Slider '03 6"
Stem: Thomson Elite 70x5
Rims: Mavid D521
Spokes: Wheelsmith DH13
Hubs: Chris King-20mm Front, Rear has Bolt-On axle (fun bolts)
Seat: WTB Laser V (leather, ti rails)
BB: Truvativ DHLT
Cranks: RF North Shore
Tires: Kenda Kinetics Stick-E 2.6
Chain: SRAM PC99
SeatPost Collar: Salsa
Pedals: Choice of Time Z or Easton Flatboy

Great looking bike... I've got a 19.5 in Hemi Orange. I thought that the heat necessary for powder coating somehow weakens the integrity of the aluminum, anyone know anything about this?

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
wow...that bike is pimparific!!! All the top of the line parts on a top of the line structure. I bet it rides like a dream.

That bike would be perfect for trails like Downieville - enjoy and thanks for sharing pictures with us.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Shmoodog said:
Great looking bike... I've got a 19.5 in Hemi Orange. I thought that the heat necessary for powder coating somehow weakens the integrity of the aluminum, anyone know anything about this?
Turner don't recommend against it. Olympic PC is where the frames are powdered from the get-go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Acadian said:
Why is your bike for sale on RideMonkey?:confused:
Hey Acadian,

I just haven't been riding it as of late. In fact, although I hate to say this, I haven't ridden it since September '03.

Haven't even tried the Slider or DRS out on the trail...Why? I don't know. Kind of picked up some other hobbies that have been taking a lot of time. Also, been working on my house quite often.

I was planning on posted it here on mtbr as well...hence this comment in my original post:

KLars said:

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
KLars said:
Hey Acadian,

I just haven't been riding it as of late. In fact, although I hate to say this, I haven't ridden it since September '03.

Haven't even tried the Slider or DRS out on the trail...Why? I don't know. Kind of picked up some other hobbies that have been taking a lot of time. Also, been working on my house quite often.

I was planning on posted it here on mtbr as well...hence this comment in my original post:
Hope you sell it quick - it's a sin to have such a beautiful bike just sitting there.

good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts