Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i would like to thank this Turner board for finally covincing me to buy an RFX!

My bike is already built in the shop and it was supposed to get a coil DHX but their coil wasnt long enough for some reason so they told me they would use an RP23 on it instead.

My RFX leans more into the All Mountain category than the aggressive XC. Im wondering if an RP23 will go well with the Vanilla 36 RC2.

im looking for this bike to hit 33-34 pounds and im not sure if an RP23 will be substantial and preform well enough.

i am 185 pounds.

thank you!

if you need to know more about the build and the parts just ask because im not sure what you guys need to know.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Rp23

If you are trying to keep the bike relatively light, i wouldn't shy away from the RP23. It is probably FOX's best shock, and it will handle your all mountain needs. If you are going to be hucking and DHing you might want to go for the coil.

I would stick with the RP23, and eventually have PUSH custom tune it. You will save some significant weight and have a great feeling shock.

Good luck.
TG

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Why wouldn't the DHX-air be a good option? Just wondering. I know there are lover and haters of it.

·
40 & Fast
313 Posts
I weigh 170 and my RFX is 34.5lbs and I am really impressed with the ride quality of the rp23. I've only had my new RFX a month so I can't speak on long term. What I really like is that I have never felt it bottom out but I know that I am using the full stroke very ride.

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
I really like the dhx air! Has been a great shock for me.
Plus didn't the leverage ratio come down on the new rfx? Wouldn't that help out
using the dhx air?
I am about 195 with no shoes and have a dhx air on my DH bike and my AM bike.
Both seem to do really well for both applications. It does take some time to set it up though..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've been looking at the new marzocchi 55ATA for the front end of a XL RFX, wondering if the roco air is a worthy match for the rear of the bike (heavyXC/AM usage). I haven't heard much about these shocks and wonder if its a worth while choice for the rear of the turner or is the RP23 still the best. Thoughts??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.