Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got off the phone with turner and as the convo went on the ups truck picked up my new frame for delivery! what timeing huh? so heres a update. turns out its gonna be a slightly used '05 h/l rear, not the '06 tnt i thought was gonna be on it (not that it matters), on a slightly used put freshly powder coated '02 RFX front with some tastey custom mods to the hydro guides on the top tube. it will indeed have both 5" and 6" rockers as well as a DHX coil and a AVA. the color is a custom "blue streak" from olympic with silver bold turner logos if they got those on and im sure they did. oh, a rainbow headbadge to make it more old school. always liked the way those looked anyway. should be here next week if all goes well.

funny note. i was emailin with dt just before i called to check up on it and askin for a total so i could make payment. mid letter i checked my balance to make sure i was good to go and got the scare of my life. a $????.?? charge was "pending" and i saw my new bike go up in a stenching black cloud of credit card fraud. it quickly dawned on me that they had my bank info on record after the flux purchase so i immediately called turner to make sure the charge came from them, dt did some fast dbl checking and indeed it had. PHEW! dont think my heart rate was that high climbin mt eldon in flagstaff! i calmed down fast enough and had a great chat with dt for another hour so all yer new frames shipping dates are now 1 day later. sorry folks. its all my fault!

pics to follow in dec. you betcha!

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no sir. how do i describe it? i guess as it was described to me. dt talked me into a big bike against my better judgement. who am i kiddin? i wanted it! so its basicly a turner shop bike with low miles and some new bouncy bits. is that about right dt?

·
Registered
513 Posts
cactuscorn said:
no sir. how do i describe it? i guess as it was described to me. dt talked me into a big bike against my better judgement. who am i kiddin? i wanted it! so its basicly a turner shop bike with low miles and some new bouncy bits. is that about right dt?
I'm just pullin' your chain cc, same as you do with everyone else, you old coot!! Why didn't you go ano green?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I mean, nobody really thinks DT just looked in the trashcan, saw some bits, had the front end PC'd, then thought 'I can sell this to cactuscorn', for some cash did he???

LMAO CC!!!

;-)

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
naaaa. i didnt think that, man. wasnt sure were you were goin but it looks like i missed my own joke huh? thanx for bringin me back down to my station.

hell, i didnt know about the anno green! but if i had..... maybe, just maybe. i used to pine over this old bmx team that ran blue, green and white stuff. think of it with blue king bits and some polished bits! but in the end im a blue guy. if its blue, i own it! dt did me a real solid by helpin me with this color.

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dammit man! yer gonna make me blush and ruin the whole pastey white face to match my new/old dredged up blue bike look! wonder if red blush goes with green anno?

and thanx.

·
Registered
513 Posts
cactuscorn said:
dammit man! yer gonna make me blush and ruin the whole pastey white face to match my new/old dredged up blue bike look! wonder if red blush goes with green anno?

and thanx.
you're welcome, you're the new man in town, with the old bike in town!!!!!

Having bought me and the wife a spot now, I trust DT to give me a great ride...

Sure he's done the same for you...

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
once again yer dead wrong pal. im the OLD man in town with 3 turners now. 1 almost as old as i am, 1 brand new and another... well..... in limbo i suppose. and yeah, he takes good care of me but that doesnt set me apart from anyone else as far as i can tell. i just get more emails is all. yet nary a krissmiss card after all these years! could that be the next step in turner c.s.????

·
Never enough time to ride
1,577 Posts
Your bike shipped, your fork arrived today, and your gonna crap when you see how beastly that bad boy is. Man now all you gotta do is get yer front hub bits and you'll be set.

By the way I need to sneak that Titec back from you. They're gonna send me some new hardware for it, but I need to get some pics and bolt sizes to send in.

I wouldn't say your old, just well wheathered. Same as yer old Burner, and apparently your new RFX (JK)

happy trails...

squish

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, and dont forget i gotta pay for all this crap somehow. even though the frame is so old dust chokes next to it, it still set me back a pretty penny. ill assume the rest of the parts came as well.

the stem is in hand. i wont forget it.

·
Never enough time to ride
1,577 Posts
Sadly that's the only thing that showed up today strangly enough. I'm pretty sure you'll get that crap paid for pretty quick. You won't be able to let it sit there that long. It's killing me having that Talas and Float RL sitting there, have to wait till after the holidays though. Then the fun starts.

happy trails...

Squish

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
cactuscorn said:
once again yer dead wrong pal. im the OLD man in town with 3 turners now. 1 almost as old as i am, 1 brand new and another... well..... in limbo i suppose. and yeah, he takes good care of me but that doesnt set me apart from anyone else as far as i can tell. i just get more emails is all. yet nary a krissmiss card after all these years! could that be the next step in turner c.s.????
What, you don't get a Christmas ham like the rest of us? Get off this forum right now!

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i knew it. im not dt's love child afterall! you guys all got hams? in the imortal words of charlie brown, "i got a rock." guess im outta here. now i dont have to post pics of the SPaaNB. sure was fun while it lasted though. old guy out!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.