Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got out for my first proper ride today after nearly two years out with a back injury. Nothing particularly big, but a good 2-3 hours of mixed terrain. I absolutely loved it:D

There are quite a few pics here because I've just got back and I'm still really excited. It's hard to explain how good it feels to get out there after such a long break. We also moved house in the meantime so I was just kind of following my nose....I haven't found anyone to ride with here yet so the pics are more of the scenery variety....:rolleyes:

I absolutley love the RFX. In terms of what it was designed for I'll never come close with my riding, but it fits me really well, provides a lot of protection for my back and I love riding it. Got a flat about half a mile from home and was too knackered to fix it so just pushed!

Things I learned:

1) On a scale of 1-100, my fitness level is about 2.7 (where 1 means you can get out of bed and 2 means you can make it to the toilet).
2) Cinders are not good mud tyres.....
3) My photography is even worse than my fitness (any tips on taking better shots?)
4) I have a 2 hour ride that starts within a mile of my house :thumbsup:
5) When both your shoes have come off and you're up to your knees in mud, don't thrash around and make it worse:eek:

Anyway, enough waffle. On with the pics....

Or not - Can't attach for some reason at the moment. Will post them asap!

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas why I can't attach the pics? I have attached before with no problems, the pics are the right size, etc. Every time I click "upload" the window jumps to the dreaded "the page cannot be displayed" and I can't get any further. Problem with the server perhaps? I've rebooted the PC....

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Are the pictures 200k or less?
Is the height and width within the limits?

Worst case, open an account with imageshack, photobucket or some other free photo hosting service and post the pics via "[img ]yourhostedimageurlhere.jpg[/img ]" (without the spaces) or drop use the insert image button (looks like mountains) and drop the hosted image url there.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't do the graffiti on the first pic, but it summed up the way I was feeling about my new bike...ahhhhhh.

The sheep weren't happy.....

The last two are the bike when I got home - good and muddy - and then it cleaned up in the garden, ready to go again....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Love the sheep

I can almost hear the Pink Floyd now.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream...

Animals is still one of my favorite (favourite?) albums. I still have it on vinyl.

You have some beautiful countryside to ride through. What part of the UK?

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CRAZY FRED said:
That whole 2.7 fitness thing split my side from laughing to hard,Keep at it its soooo worth it.
:thumbsup:

My long term goal is to reach a solid 3.0....

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Very nice build and beautiful scenery! Congrats on the new bike. :thumbsup:

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
BTW- if you haven't already, check those adjuster knobs on the bottom of the fork and apply a drop of loctite and tighten. They come loose from the factory and the first thing to do is to check the nuts.
Thanks JC, will check it out :thumbsup:

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Clyde S Dale said:
Nice looking bike and beautiful countryside. Congrats on the new ride.

Thanks!

I don't even want to know why.
No, probably not. A bit of mid-ride entertainment.....:D

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really love the bike.

I live in Cheshire, which is in the North West of England. It's a nice part of the world, quite rural where we are and there are some beautiful old houses. Not many hills and it's pretty muddy at this time of year, but it's just great to be able to get out there....

RE sheep - the path I was on went through the middle of their field and they all just stopped and looked at me so I took a pic......and that's the case for the defence, your Honour....:D

Will post some more pics when I explore a bit further - I really enjoy looking at everyone else's ride pics.

Cheers,

TB

1 - 20 of 47 Posts