Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,
Posted a thread in Feb. about getting my ride ganked up on the Elliot Highway at Colorado Creek Trailhead and now that Spring is here i am singing the blues and am desperate to see if anyone out there has spotted a Black Santa Cruz Bullit, w/Mar. Super T fork, Kris King Hubs & Headset (Blue), Mavic 321 wheels w/Michelin 2.5s ff/rr, 8in. Hayes disk brakes, Titec Bezerker Saddle, Thompson seat post, Shimano XT rear/front derailers, TruVativ Cranks, and thats about all.
I am willing to do almost *anything* to get it back here soon and will post the serial # in a reply thread to see what that does. Have a great spring and hope that all is well for everyone else.
-AKbikerman

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I will be going back to the shop in a couple of weeks.

AKbikerman said:
HI guys,
Posted a thread in Feb. about getting my ride ganked up on the Elliot Highway at Colorado Creek Trailhead and now that Spring is here i am singing the blues and am desperate to see if anyone out there has spotted a Black Santa Cruz Bullit, w/Mar. Super T fork, Kris King Hubs & Headset (Blue), Mavic 321 wheels w/Michelin 2.5s ff/rr, 8in. Hayes disk brakes, Titec Bezerker Saddle, Thompson seat post, Shimano XT rear/front derailers, TruVativ Cranks, and thats about all.
I am willing to do almost *anything* to get it back here soon and will post the serial # in a reply thread to see what that does. Have a great spring and hope that all is well for everyone else.
-AKbikerman
I am watching for you...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Will post this info at REI

AKbikerman said:
HI guys,
-AKbikerman
Give us the serial # and will post it also.
Dave

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
Will be watching for it in Palmer

Sounds like a nice ride, we'll keep our eyes open for it. I had a bike stolen in Fairbanks years ago, cops were no help. Finally a friend saw this guy riding it and followed him home. Recalled the police, still wouldn't help. Had to break in and steal it back! Lots of bike thefts in Fairbanks apparantly.

Mark
Wildfire Designs Bicycles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa, Mark
That hopefully won't have to occur seeing as i am such a non-confrontational type of person and wouldn't like the prospect of having to break into a sketchy place BUT, if that has to happen suppose it could be a covert opperation of some sort. I just can't imagine someone wanting to ride around such a populated area with something they ganked knowing that the person is watching for it like a hawk. OH, well, hope that spring is treating you well and maybe with the good weather there will be a surprisingly *similar* ride like mine weaving around town too!
-Jeff

Wildfire said:
Sounds like a nice ride, we'll keep our eyes open for it. I had a bike stolen in Fairbanks years ago, cops were no help. Finally a friend saw this guy riding it and followed him home. Recalled the police, still wouldn't help. Had to break in and steal it back! Lots of bike thefts in Fairbanks apparantly.

Mark
Wildfire Designs Bicycles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi AKDave,
Thanks a bundle that will be awesome. I will get that serial number up by this afternoon. ALso, will try to find a picture of it somewheres in the bundle of mess at my house for comparision purposes..
-jeff

AkDave said:
Give us the serial # and will post it also.
Dave

·
Registered
540 Posts
Will post today.....nm

AKbikerman said:
HI Dave,
Here is the Serial # CA5167
and thanks a bunch for the help!
Happy trails,
-jeff
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx