Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
T
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any inside information on where they are at on tooling. Last information I found was they should be finishing up size 2 in April then starting on size 4. I didn't want to email and bug them...plus figured it would be nice to have any updates in a public forum.

Patiently waiting on my size 4 TP...

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Last I heard they were still working on Size 2 and we haven't seen any Revved frames come out other than Size 3 so that seems accurate. Once you see Size 2 frames come out they'll start work on the Size 4 tooling.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Size 4 availability moved out to 4th quarter...doh!
My GF's Size 2 got pushed back a month from planned delivery date. Signing up for a new design from a small company using a new process and new molds you just gotta roll with the punches. I'm sure GG is doing their best to get all the sizes out as fast as they can, but issues crop up and have to be resolved as they work through the process.

·
T
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get it...I work in manufacturing/engineering. Totally support the guys and I'm sure they're doing their best as you say. It's hard watching all the new bike day posts and remaining calm with all the anticipation...ha!

Your GF get her size 2 yet or still waiting?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Size 4 availability moved out to 4th quarter...doh!
Man that stinks. I understand it's a new process but still a little disappointing; Especially for someone without a current FS to ride. But I was originally planning on A spring 2020 purchase and moved it up so I guess it's going to be back closer to the original plan with a GG depending on when in the 4th QTR they come out or if it doesn't get pushed to QTR 1 of next year :(

They were saying May..then June...then July...now 4th Qtr!! I guess at least that's probably more realistic then going through moving it until August and then September!

But still....I found myself on lots of other bike websites today. Not like I need the bike now but looks like I'll essentially miss the entire 2019 season if I wait for the GG. Have to sleep on this new info for a few days I guess.

·
Your bike sucks
2,565 Posts
oh man. not good news. I was pretty tolerant of may - june - then july. But 4qtr is way too nebulous plus there's a pretty established history of pushing the date.

I'm injured right now and healing & cleared to ride in July; so I've been just going thru the motions without too much concern. Anyway - I'm going to actively look for another platform - if I find something, I'll be requesting my deposit back. At this rate, there's a decent chance I could have another mfgr 2020 bike before these ship.

I get their situation. But I also know mine. Too bad they're not really aligned.

·
Your bike sucks
2,565 Posts
Same, no ill will towards them but at the end of the day gotta do what's right for you.
Exactly. Just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm already 2k+ into this bike build so I have a stack of parts just waiting. Anyway - I think I found a decent NOS platform that I really like and now it's sorting through that deal plus a call to Push to be sure the 11/6 will be set to go. Not exactly what I was aiming for but it does have advantages like shorter stays and saves me about $1500.

·
always licking the glass
4,036 Posts
Still waiting. I know because she's asking me about it everyday! Hopefully GG is able to hit the new date. I'm 1000% more understanding than she is about these things. ;)
As someone also waiting for a size 2, what timeframe did they give you?

·
I like goin' fast
110 Posts
We pushed the Size 4s back after running into a tooling issue--given their size, machining the molds is proving to have a few more layers of complexity than anticipated. We have a plan on how to make it go, but it has delayed the Size 4s a month or two. Our hope is to still deliver the first Size 4s on order by the end of Q3, with new orders being pushed into Q4, hence the website update. Lead times are admittedly nebulous given all the ins and outs of getting these things online. And Size 4 is the hardest since everything gets bigger.

We're planning to send out an update to the riders who have a Size 4 on order at the beginning of the week. Obviously, our hope is for everyone to keep their pre-order in place, but also understand if some riders will want theirs refunded.

Will

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why announce the new carbon frames before you have the molds built and the process completed?
I agree, they announced new bikes way too early. They should've been ready to roll on all their bikes since February, but they where not ready. Heck pretty sure I saw some S3 orders from March just getting fulfilled this past week or 2. I don't get the sentiment that since they're smaller company or the bikes are all made in the US that they should automatically get a pass. If you're not ready to ship your bikes don't announce, it's pretty simple imo.

I can't ride until October, so it's not as big of a deal right now but I'd be pretty frustrated if I could or definitely buying another brand. The new SC Hightower release is also looking really appealing.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
As someone also waiting for a size 2, what timeframe did they give you?
ETD provided last week was end June for my GF's Size 2. I don't know where she stands in the delivery queue so that is likely not the earliest that GG expects to have Size 2 frames ready.

I have a size 2 on order.... What is the timeline on getting the size 2 frames done?

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Why announce the new carbon frames before you have the molds built and the process completed?
GG had bikes ready to demo and frames shipped fairly quickly for the initial size [3]. They were also clear that they were building the subsequent tooling/molds and in what order.

Production delays happen even when not undertaking such a radical change in processes and materials.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ETD provided last week was end June for my GF's Size 2. I don't know where she stands in the delivery queue so that is likely not the earliest that GG expects to have Size 2 frames ready.
nice. I ordered the morning after the launch and haven't heard anything about my size 2. Sounds like it should be soon!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.