Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
We should start a revved size 4 support group. Share pics and discussions of our build configuration, over analyze the secret menus, and talk ourselves off the non bike ledge or keeping each other from buying a non GG revved.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In for the support group. I feel like I've read and reread every possible shred of info about the bike. It's both exciting and excruciating to see anything new, since it inevitably reminds me that I still have a couple months to actually sit on the thing. An empathetic ear might ease the anxiety of the wait.

All of my wanderings into the realm of the competition, whether by online reviews, demos, or trail-side interrogation of riders, have led to the same place, however. Back to the size 4 Smash. I fortunately was able to buy an interim v1 Megatrail, and it saved my summer, but it lacks where the Smash should excel. At least I can rock my GG t-shirt with some credibility.

I think I am finally resigned to my build, and have (mostly) stopped the internal debate. That being said, I'd love to hear what you are thinking.....

·
T
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finalized and paid for mine last week...now I can quit building every other day a different way...ha! Ride 1 Pistola with following upgrades: Fox DPX2 shock, MRP Ribbon fork, XT brakes and bike yoke 160mm dropper. Now I wait...again...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, I emailed for an update after my earlier post and was told early November. Sold my old bike before my knee surgery in March and I’m cleared earlier than anticipated. So now I’m without a bike and the urge to buy now is really strong. There’s a lot of great bikes and it’s hard to narrow anything down.I loved the idea of the GG due to the modular frame and being able to have a smash and trail pistol for relatively cheap. There’s not a lot of demo opportunities in the XL market in the DFW area so it’s hard to ride a ripmo, ht2, sb130, and then Ripley trance or whatever short trace trail bikes to get a good idea about something, though I don’t mind buying sight unseen.

I doubt I stay with GG but I had finally settled sd coil, lyrik rc2, gx, rcs, and 305s.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Blacked out Ride 1 Smash, all MRP suspension with Hazzard Coil, Ribbon Air, maybe upgrade to Code RSC brakes.

Ordered Apr 15th. Often think of the drive to shredquarters to pick it up, what a day that will be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update yesterday was still 2-3 weeks before first size 4 frames are made...then another 2-3 weeks for powder coat, frame assembly and bike assembly before shipment...
Did they tell you when you would expect yours? I placed my pre order June 21. I last asked a few weeks ago and heard that they expected to start mid September and I could expect mine beginning to middle of November. So right now that's late September start and I could get late November to early December.

I ended up putting a $100 refundable deposit on a 2020 Giant Reign Advance 1. Looks to be a pretty good deal and a solid bike that currently should be at the shop towards the beginning of October. Currently borrowed a hardtail to ride around, not sure I'll be able to wait until thanksgiving.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They haven’t swayed much on mine since the last post. I emailed again on Sept 17 asking if the middle of November was still a decent estimate and they said right now hopefully. Per the same email Jubal had said they hadn’t started production yet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Size 4 SD ordered a month ago, replacing a SBG Scout. The plan is to swap parts over, including the CC DB Inline coil, Fox elite 36 @ 140mm, Hadley hubs laced to dt471 front and a dt fr570 rear.

I was told mid-late November I think. That works for me since I am recovering from a knarly mtb wreck.

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
I’m sure they’re doing the best they can, delays are not profitable.

Getting a second press will speed things up for sure.

It’s worth it if you have the patience to wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been told I'm a patient person, but I don't really feel that way. Regardless, all the demos and online 'research' just directs me back to the Smash. I'm confident I'll be happy I waited.

I'm demoing an Offering and a Smuggler today, so I'm keeping an open mind. I'll be riding the same trail I demoed a Slash and Instinct on earlier this month, which is a tough, diverse trail that I ride often. If nothing else, the wait is giving me an opportunity to ride some really nice bikes.

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Anyone got an update on Size 4?

I'm taking over my buddies Szie 3 TP once his Size 4 TP is shipped, not in a hurry but I'd like to build it up and start playing around with it; still got my Reved SD so I'm not hurting or anything :)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.