Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this to see what kinds of tires people experiment with on their Revved Carbon Guerilla Gravity frames.

I've already seen some folks putting 29x2.6 tires on the Revved Smash (specced for 2.5 tires) so it'll be interesting to see if say...the Trail Pistol can run certain 2.8s.

As always - check your seat tube clearance with the shock bottomed out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Starting this to see what kinds of tires people experiment with on their Revved Carbon Guerilla Gravity frames.

I've already seen some folks putting 29x2.6 tires on the Revved Smash (specced for 2.5 tires) so it'll be interesting to see if say...the Trail Pistol can run certain 2.8s.

As always - check your seat tube clearance with the shock bottomed out.
I went into the shop the week after the launch to check this very thing. It is definitely narrower than the AL frame. I would say a 29x2.8 will fit but it will be close. My AL frame has a ton of room around my 2.8. Not so much on the new one. I could see my 29x2.8 McFly working with no issues.

Bobby admitted that a 2.8 on an 'average' rim should fit in the rear. I'm guessing that means ~36-40mm internal width.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. If the rim width is the concern then it's a factor of the rear ends being narrower, not necessarily the overall diameter of the tire. They eluded to this previously by saying the new Megatrail and Shred Dogg would likely be limited to 275x2.8 tires and of course the Trail Pistol is no longer 3" compatible.

I likely wouldn't run a very aggressive 2.8 tire, if I did. Likely something with short knobs like the Rekon or Ikon (if they do a 29x2.8) on a 30mm internal width rim, but I am intrigued. Mikesee and others talk about the benefits to 29+ with short chainstays, and the Revved TPs 426mm stays are pretty darn short.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Keep in mind we are talking about the rear only. The front is still governed by the fork on the bike. You could still run a 29x3 up front and 29x2.8 in the rear. Likewise for the 27.5 wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.