Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there have been threads about the transition revolutions but none were quite what I was looking for. I'm having a problem with the rear hub on my revolution 36's, I emailed transition and never heard anything back for two weeks so now its time for plan b. When I tighthen the pinch bolts on the hub (just snug them and then back them off a bit) and then tighten the thru axle (12x135) on my blindside, it completely binds up the cassette body so that it cannot back pedal. The only way around this is to leave the hub bolts a loose and then tighten the axle. The problem with this is that when I do this there has to be side to side play in the hub so that the cassette doesn't bind. Is anyone else having or have had this problem? What did you do to fix it? If no one has any ideas, do any of you know where to get a 10mm dropout set for the blindside (other than transition which is out of stock)? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Have you serviced the hub? You might have lost a washer that's supposed to be inside the freewheel. If that one isn't present you will tighten the bearing so that freewheeling isn't possible.

This is how my Deetraks hub looks like, not sure if it's the same for Rev.

·
Registered
31 Posts
when you pulled the hub apart to install the 12x135 adapter, you may have left the spacer that fits between the freehub body and the hub bearings. this spacer is what keeps the bearings from binding up when the hub axle is reeinstalled.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured there had to be something like that down there. I had it built up at a shop and I picked it up already built. Thanks for the info I guess i'll try and conact transition about getting a new spacer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.