Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using a Cannondale Super V (mine's a '99) for some light freeride/aggressive trail riding? I'd have to throw on a new fork ( the 80mm Headshock is probably toast and too small for my taste anway) and some other minor repairs to get it up to reliable status. I retired this bike 2 years ago, but due to the possible serious damage to my "new" bike, it has to be used so I can ride SOMETHING until/if the new ride gets repaired (could be a while). I was a XCer back when I rode this thing, but now I'm doing some stuff that I need a little more cush. Sure I'd love to run out and get a Heckler or a Fury, but that's a little ways off until I get the $ together. Help?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
02Slayer said:
Does anyone have any experience using a Cannondale Super V (mine's a '99) for some light freeride/aggressive trail riding? I'd have to throw on a new fork ( the 80mm Headshock is probably toast and too small for my taste anway) and some other minor repairs to get it up to reliable status. I retired this bike 2 years ago, but due to the possible serious damage to my "new" bike, it has to be used so I can ride SOMETHING until/if the new ride gets repaired (could be a while). I was a XCer back when I rode this thing, but now I'm doing some stuff that I need a little more cush. Sure I'd love to run out and get a Heckler or a Fury, but that's a little ways off until I get the $ together. Help?
Well maybe madmax will see this... but his brother was using it with the headshok a while back for i guess light freeriding, no big drops or anything and he cracked three of them. madmax could give you a better analysis though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts