Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a bike that has the RS Revelation RCT3. Does the pedal mode equate to trail mode on the Fox CTD? How does this for stack up to my Fox Evolution CTD? Another model I am looking at has the Fox 34 Talas. I have never ridded that fork comments on that fork would also be helpful. I weigh about 170, so not a big guy.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The pedal mode is similar to the trail setting on your Fox yes. The Rev RCT3 will be much better than your current fork. Can't give any insight on the Fox 34, as I've not ridden one, but at the least, it will be stiffer than the Rev, which has slimmer stanchions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Revelation on my old stumpjumper and I think it performed better then my 2014 Fox EVO 34. The rs never had hard bottom outs and felt smooth. I really don't like the damping on the Fox. I rode the rs for two years hard and it never flinched or needed a rebuild. A lot of people will say stay away from recent fox models.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like revelation is a good fork. Not much to be desired for trail use. I keep hearing how good the new pike is. I wish I got a chance to ride one at the SE bike expo

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I had a Revelation on my old stumpjumper and I think it performed better then my 2014 Fox EVO 34. The rs never had hard bottom outs and felt smooth. I really don't like the damping on the Fox.
That's because the evo damper is a pile of sh*t, to say the least. This thread will show you why it is so horrible - http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/fox-evolution-cartridge-look-inside-895029.html

The TALAS version, especially if it is from the Factory or Performance lines, will certainly ride better than the evo versions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts