Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
've been riding my Rev. for about three months. Overall I like it quite a bit. Played around for a while, found my sweet spots. I had gone through the clunking phase and have seemed to solve that, tho recently I noticed my neg. pressure will not hold more than 100.

At first I contributed this to the neg. chamber being smaller and simply loosing pressure between rides as well as fluctuating temperatures and the expansion and contraction of seeIs... But after checking, it simply will not hold more than 100. I usually set the neg. around 130/135 but when backing off my pump and rechecking it's reading 100. I know it not my pump as the pos. and my rear shock are fine. The valve seems tight, so I'm not sure what gives. Any thoughts or experiences with this problem?

Thanks,
G.G.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The loss of pressure you are seeing is from the air it takes to "fill" the pump. With the small neg chamber a little air moving into the pump can easily drop your reading to 100 psi from 130

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dohh!

Obvious and logical enough. I simply don't remember ever seeing any loss in the "preload" of the pump until recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.