Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that most of my stuff has arrived and I survived my first week of my new job, I managed to make it out for my first ride in MA.

But before I get to that, how about a little recap of my trip from New Mexico. Before leaving the mountains of the west I figured I should get a great ride in. The plan was to Hit Monarch Crest before the long drive throught the heartland.

Instead of killing time at the UFO lookout or the lazy sportsman I decided to check out the Great Sand Dunes. Wow, very big pile of sand.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
We too are blessed with piles of sand...they can be found at the local highway department.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's true.

while you were off playing in the land of eternal sun... I drove down hill. I went east b/c i pee'd off the contential divide twords the west.

Actually my super secret job with the gov't ran out. they yanked my clearence and now I work just north of Boston. at the company that makes NMR's.

I get to travel for work and the bike case was just ordered and put to use in two weeks for a trip to Colorado Springs. =)

Since you are making up for lost passion time...here's the few pictures I took today at Lynn Woods. Very nice place to ride. My slow speed tech skills will definatly improve if I continue to ride this place. althoug the humidity is horrible.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mall Hair

Mall hair- is what "tonyah" has aftah ridin with tommy in his Z 28. drop top

Where in MA did you end up riding?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Hey old buddy

Mmmmmm, slow speed technical.
So how long was it, two weeks off the bike? Don't do that again.
Glad to see you're back out on the trails, and posting pictures. I was going through withdrawl.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 weeks...yes it was bad.

I was starting to think that I don't need to ride. very scary. This week, if the weather permits I hope to find an afterwork riding spot.

Lynn woods is a dreamland for you. You have to come out and check it out. I didn't even see 1/3 of the "good stuff". huge boulder moves, one after another. sure it lacks the elevation gain, but the average rock is much bigger than the ones on "north course".

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
Great ride, Brian

It was great to do such an epic ride together on your last day in the West. Thanks for the warm jersey - I suppose you'll be wanting it back soon when the temps start to DROP.

I noticed there no pics of me in your post - that's because I'm always riding way out front! (at least on the climbs!)

Hope to see you at GITA in October.

·
I think this is a trail..
147 Posts
Gonna miss your ride reports from Ol' New Mexico!

Sounds like you are settling into your new home, looking forward to hearing about what sort of riding you find over there.

So I take it you won't be able to hit the Canmore gathering?

G

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
What company?

brianc said:
while you were off playing in the land of eternal sun... I drove down hill. I went east b/c i pee'd off the contential divide twords the west.

Actually my super secret job with the gov't ran out. they yanked my clearence and now I work just north of Boston. at the company that makes NMR's.

I get to travel for work and the bike case was just ordered and put to use in two weeks for a trip to Colorado Springs. =)

Since you are making up for lost passion time...here's the few pictures I took today at Lynn Woods. Very nice place to ride. My slow speed tech skills will definatly improve if I continue to ride this place. althoug the humidity is horrible.
Is this the same Brian that I did the beer ride with in FU this year. Good luck in your new job. I hope you like MR. It's all voodoo magic.

TJ
www.gvii.net/hundtoft

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes.

I've been doing research with NMR for while. Now I work for the company that makes them, Bruker BioSpin. Bruker is not in the medical field, so we leave the N in the name.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.