Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I just built an outdoor theater at my house. Big screen and HD projector, doing a surround sound now. Lot of fun to watch MTB videos outside after dark with a fire.
Yes sir! Get some tiki torches for that "Survivor Tribal Council Feel", not the Charlottesville feel, just to be clear :) Roll out the kegarator. Damn, just thinking about it getting me fired up!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My thoughts:

It was good, worth watching. I liked the backbone old dude speech aspect.

The trail riding in Hawaii looked great. Would've been nice to see some of the "regular trail" not just the big sculpted jumps. I thought the kids ripping was cool. Maybe that segment was a little long, but still fun to see.

One thing I wasn't a huge fan is multiple "big mountain" riding "nothing" in various locations (UT / Patagonia) segments. I get it, it goes with the theme of returning to "Earth", but you have to be there. The video just bogged down on dudes and dudettes riding down steep hills throwing rooster tails. Cool for 5 minutes but got old fast then started to feel like an insider / industry circle jerk.

IMO more trail riding, more ripping, more natural stuff is what I was hoping to see. I still hold UnReal as the gold standard of these types of films and even that falls into some of the above trap(s).

$0.02

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My thoughts:

It was good, worth watching. I liked the backbone old dude speech aspect.

The trail riding in Hawaii looked great. Would've been nice to see some of the "regular trail" not just the big sculpted jumps. I thought the kids ripping was cool. Maybe that segment was a little long, but still fun to see.

One thing I wasn't a huge fan is multiple "big mountain" riding "nothing" in various locations (UT / Patagonia) segments. I get it, it goes with the theme of returning to "Earth", but you have to be there. The video just bogged down on dudes and dudettes riding down steep hills throwing rooster tails. Cool for 5 minutes but got old fast then started to feel like an insider / industry circle jerk.

IMO more trail riding, more ripping, more natural stuff is what I was hoping to see. I still hold UnReal as the gold standard of these types of films.

$0.02
Yeah, the theme park nature of MTB videos gets a bit old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.