Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
backpedal and myself want an excuse to ride this Sunday, and so should you. Meet 11/9 at PTB at 9AM. We'll do one of our usual oddball routes.

Feel free to get an early roll call going, or something.

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
I can't make it, I'm doing the Big Sur half marathon that day.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Oh.. now you're making me choose between the roadbikereview monthly (road) ride and Waterdog mtb fun.. I may be there, probably depend on the weather on Saturday (if it rains heavily I'll avoid the Dog on Sunday)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
backpedal said:
Means 80% chance of no rain at all.

This should not be a difficult choice :)
Excellent news.. I've got to get to PTB and get me a spare derailleur hanger anyway after watching the SS conversion at the HCFC I think the decision has been made :)

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ratpick said:
Excellent news.. I've got to get to PTB and get me a spare derailleur hanger anyway after watching the SS conversion at the HCFC I think the decision has been made :)
You might want to get a spare derailleur too. The first (and only, so far) time I broke my hanger, I also busted the B-stop thingy, so I was still stuck SSing.

Just saying . . . :D

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how was the pre-ride today?

·
Beer Enthusiast/MTB Noob
17 Posts
What's the pace going to be? I'm somewhat of a rookie (and somewhat out of shape) but I've been to Waterdog twice and loved it. As long as it's not some sort of superhuman (or semi-superhuman) ride I might like to try and join in w/ you guys.

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oi!

backpedal said:
Redpine's leading. It will be slow.
Said the guy who's always off the front to the guy who tries to be off the front.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot. :D

As with all PTB rides, we'll be making the route up as we go and stopping at intersections for regroups, so nobody's going to be able to get too far in the lead without getting lost. Depending on how many folks show up, we can always split into smaller clusters as well.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
monoab said:
What's the pace going to be? I'm somewhat of a rookie (and somewhat out of shape) but I've been to Waterdog twice and loved it. As long as it's not some sort of superhuman (or semi-superhuman) ride I might like to try and join in w/ you guys.
Dammit man, get a unique avatar or something absurd to help differentiate your posts from the other masses of people with six letter user names with no avatar!

:)

And.. uhm.. if the albino lizard awakens from its slumber early enough I might try to tag along on this!

·
Beer Enthusiast/MTB Noob
17 Posts
rho said:
Dammit man, get a unique avatar or something absurd to help differentiate your posts from the other masses of people with six letter user names with no avatar!

:)

And.. uhm.. if the albino lizard awakens from its slumber early enough I might try to tag along on this!
If I didn't know you ride a white Chameleon, your post would be absolutely frightening.

·
dis member
298 Posts
Varies widely

We have had as few as two, and as many as 70.

And yes, we do other weekends. Get on Passion's email list, or frequent the board, or just call a ride some weekend day. Chances are someone else will show up, and it will be good.

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
monoab said:
If I didn't know you ride a white Chameleon, your post would be absolutely frightening.
Thank heck you explained it . . .

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
monoab said:
Now that just takes all the fun out of an innuendo laden post.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn! I want go riding, but I hurt my forearm at Carlmont.Stupid me. I was about to do a double (by the lower berm), felt I didn't have enough speed, so changed my mind last minute, jumped off the side without popping my front wheel up, lost control, and you can figure the rest. Stupid of me cus if I committed, I could have done it. Yes, I did have armor, but the crash wasn't pretty. Internet says that it takes 10 days for a forearm strain to get better. That sucks cus I wanted to go riding this weekend.

·
Beer Enthusiast/MTB Noob
17 Posts
Hmmm, it's raining here in Belmont tonight. I wonder what that mean's for the ride tomorrow. I hear Waterdog doesn't drain very well. :sad:

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
monoab said:
Hmmm, it's raining here in Belmont tonight. I wonder what that mean's for the ride tomorrow. I hear Waterdog doesn't drain very well. :sad:
Ahh, but tis a light sprinkle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts