Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 marzocchi x fly (with ecc), but the mag m-arch was bent in a crash. The internals of the shock were working flawlessy at the time. I am now looking to get a used x fly on ebay, but most of them are 2000, 2001 modles without the ecc. Does anyone know if I get one of those models, will I be able to take the ecc off my 2002...and install on the earlier model fork while doing seals and an oil change?

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
bworks said:
I have a 2002 marzocchi x fly (with ecc), but the mag m-arch was bent in a crash. The internals of the shock were working flawlessy at the time. I am now looking to get a used x fly on ebay, but most of them are 2000, 2001 modles without the ecc. Does anyone know if I get one of those models, will I be able to take the ecc off my 2002...and install on the earlier model fork while doing seals and an oil change?
You can reuse your uppers, right? So essentially, you just need new lowers? Have you tried calling Marzocchi and asking if they have any around? Also, I would guess the M arch lowers ought to be the same between these years, as Marzocchi doesn't change the chasis frequently on the same model forks.

_MK

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
If Marzocchi can't help

Here's another thought. If you've been searching ebay, you've probably seen auctions from a seller "marzocchi1949". He's been selling a bunch of Marzocchi new old stock forks, as well as what he claims are forks hand made by Marzocchi techs. If this guy is real, he may have access to an x fly, or the parts you need to make your broken fork whole again.

Just a thought.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.