Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Spyder (I don't remember when I bought it - it was the first year they were available). I want to get a new fork, new shock, and disc wheels. Any recommendations? Does anyone remember how much travel the first Spyders were designed for? My current fork is toast. The shock still works, but I am sure technology has improved in the past 7 - 8 years. Thanks for the input.

·
GT
17 Posts
I am sure you are talking about the more recent Spyder. I still have my 1st Intense Spyder that I got in 1993. It was such an awesome bike, now my wife rides it. 25 Lbs, original Grip Shift XO and custom Rock Shox Judy from Brian Lopes (Judy SL with DH Lowers). I believe this bike is 3" Travel.

Tried to download a Pic but I guess I am not smart enough.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2003-2008 Spider frames had 4" of travel. The best fork choices would be 100-120mm fork depending on your preference. You could run an 80mm fork as, well if you are looking for the steepest geometry. For the rear shock, I would go with a late model to current Fox float model.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recommendation. I am thinking of a Fox F-100 on the front. I will take a look at the fox website for the shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts