Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Time flies...
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting to see the recent Flux love posts!
I semi-retired mine a while back and it donated some parts for other projects.
Then I decide to join a group ride this coming Sunday and realized that the Flux was the perfect tool for the job.
So a hasty rebuild ensued including a new budget headset and some other spare parts and now she's ready to rock...
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Time flies...
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jncarpenter said:
Oh, how cute....a spike horn! ;)
Make fun if you want....
It's an XC / climbing machine. I've taken the bar ends off a few times to try to drop a few ounces and to 'look cool'.
But my hands & wrists always miss them, so they're back on for now.

Function over style.

·
Wicketed
607 Posts
mmmm, shiney.
racing my flux this weekend. great bikes, glad you are rediscovering the love.

·
Bite Me.
4,465 Posts
That bike looks hot. The pendulum seems to be swinging back a bit to an appreciation for light weight 4" travel speed rigs (like the Sultan:p )- cool:thumbsup:

·
outclassed by his bike
365 Posts
Wow, that looks wicked fun. Landscape is very cool / weird.

If you took where I ride, removed all the water, all the roots, all the rocks, and all the dark colors; shrank the trees, twisted them into weird shapes, then hung a lot of dried moss over them; then took out some more water and some more roots, you would have something about half as dry, smooth, and pale as that piece of trail looks. I obviously have to get around more, because that looks like a blast.

·
BODYSNATCHER
288 Posts
jes cuz

The first night out with the new ride

Moab, early May '08

Turner vs. Ells, Moab style

I am a XC guy, so no huckin' pix....

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
84,184 Posts
xjbebop,
Nice resurrection:thumbsup: I’m just curious what trail are you hitting tomorrow?
As far as the bar ends who cares what people say or think. Apparently if you started out riding with them they are hard to drop. My sister who races XC has used them for 16 years.

·
Time flies...
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DIRTJUNKIE said:
xjbebop,
Nice resurrection:thumbsup: I'm just curious what trail are you hitting tomorrow?
As far as the bar ends who cares what people say or think. Apparently if you started out riding with them they are hard to drop. My sister who races XC has used them for 16 years.
supposed to do 30 miles in Cuyamaca w/ a new group tomorrow. That'll be the longest ride I've done in a -long- time, if I survive it. :p

* I still can't help but wonder if I would be happier w/ a Sultan. I'll be thinking about that while gasping for O2 tomorrow...

·
Registered
516 Posts
4 inches

I just love 4 inch bikes. I need to post some pics of my burner but I just recently purchased a new laptop and have no pics of her uploaded yet. I will have some today. I like to ride agressive xc and 4 inches is plenty for the trails I ride mostly.

·
Time flies...
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Follow up... fwiw -
Today's ride will be my last on the Flux. It's a fantastic bike and performed flawlessly. It's fast and quick (and looks good too...). Thing is, I'm not fast or quick anymore... I've gotten used to bigger tires and a more upright position, and I just don't feel comfortable on it. This has been progressing over the last year or so, thus the 'retirement' a few months ago. And today's ride confirmed my feelings.

This fine machine will be looking for a new home ;)

...possibly replaced by a new Sultan... ???
:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.