Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broken Rib.. dammit, i hate getting hurt. I found out i had a small break in my rib after getting some xrays at the hospital today..
I was riding yesterday,(of course i was close to finishing) and i was flyin down this hill which had a lot of roots.. must have just lost it and i went sailin over my bike, smacked my head, my side, ankle rolled, tore up my sides with some gashes.. luckily after like 15 mins of sitting, i could ride back.. in pain. I have some gross cuts all over my body, and im really sore, i thought i broke my hip or something worse... Still hurts a lot to walk and do anything cuz i badly bruised my hip and back.. just gotta let this thing heal..
I'll try to get some pics for ya guys.. u sadistic bastards.
funny side story, guy who i passed right before the fall, is asking me if im ok and all that.. then hes like.. "how old r u", i reply, "20" .. then hes like "damn man, if u were any older u would probably have every bone broken right now.."

I only have a couple more years of doing dumb sh*t ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
ouch

Dude I broke all of my ribs in 99 in a car accident and I think I'm just now getting over it. I couldn't even fart without it hurting. I had to kick my best friend out of the hospital because he kept making me laugh. Actually called security on him. Dude broken 1 or all ribs are the most painful of injuries. Get well soon!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Yeah and the worst thing about broken ribs is there's fu(k all you can do about it. Just pray to god you don't get a cough or have to sneeze often. Make friends with pain killers for the immediate time being and let yourself get healthy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
when i was young, i once broke mt collar bone trying a double backflip backwars (if you know what i mean) off of a swing set, man i thought that was pretty bad, it was but i dont want to know what i might get hurt in down the line in my recentlky start biking hobby. GET WELL SOON, just dont brake your ribs again thenyou cast or whatever is wrapped around your chest. :eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Every time I hurt myself I realize how much I take for granted being healthy. It really sucks to sit home instead of riding. You also never realize how often you use a muscle or whatever part of your body until it's injured.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a small break, possibly a hairline.. how long does this sh*t take to heal.. Honestly, my ribs dont even hurt, my back and hip hurt more.. but supposedly thats just the bruising..

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
roll122 said:
its a small break, possibly a hairline.. how long does this sh*t take to heal.. Honestly, my ribs dont even hurt, my back and hip hurt more.. but supposedly thats just the bruising..
Well I don't consider this an injury, but I just got all four of my wisdom teeth out, and man that hurts like a bith. So as a result, I will only be off my bike for one day hopefully. :(

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Dang dude...

Hope you heal up quick so you can ride. Somehow the baseball-sized lump/bruise on my hip that I got from my "abrupt meeting with sweet mother earth" yesterday doesn't seem so bad.

Hope yiz feeling better...apply beer liberally ;) .

roll122 said:
Broken Rib.. dammit, i hate getting hurt. I found out i had a small break in my rib after getting some xrays at the hospital today..
I was riding yesterday,(of course i was close to finishing) and i was flyin down this hill which had a lot of roots.. must have just lost it and i went sailin over my bike, smacked my head, my side, ankle rolled, tore up my sides with some gashes.. luckily after like 15 mins of sitting, i could ride back.. in pain. I have some gross cuts all over my body, and im really sore, i thought i broke my hip or something worse... Still hurts a lot to walk and do anything cuz i badly bruised my hip and back.. just gotta let this thing heal..
I'll try to get some pics for ya guys.. u sadistic bastards.
funny side story, guy who i passed right before the fall, is asking me if im ok and all that.. then hes like.. "how old r u", i reply, "20" .. then hes like "damn man, if u were any older u would probably have every bone broken right now.."

I only have a couple more years of doing dumb sh*t ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.