Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Can I Borrow Some Style?
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished painting my 03' bullit. I stripped it with Zip-Strip and a wire brush. The frame wasn't too bad but the swing arm was a pain in the arse:madman: I bought the decals on ebay as well as the new fork which is an 05' boxxer race - brand new for $354. Tell me what you think of the colors! ALL IT NEEDS TO DO NOW IS NOT SNOW!:thumbsup:

03 Bullit
5th Element Shock
05' Boxxer Race
Mavic D321 Rims with Ringle Hubs
King Headset
XT front and rear derailuers
Race face BB and Crankset
50x-50x pedals
Goodrich Brake lines with Hayes Nine and 8" rotors

·
Can I Borrow Some Style?
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the adapter for the front brake so thats why it's not on. I went from a Manitou Sherman Slider Plus so the mounts are different. And the color is Organic Orange if you are going to get it powdercoated. I would highly recommend it!

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Looks too clean! Got a lunch ride in today. 85º here in SoCal.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Sweet

The trails will dry out...some day. It's nice to see someone "restore" a great ride like that. Take that sweet bike out and enjoy.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Looks like maybe the 5th element hits your downtube.
You might want to flip that "shuttle" piece over.

·
Can I Borrow Some Style?
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no hitting. I have about a 1/4" clearance. I flipped it so the top tube angle isn't so steep with the 8" fork on it. Good eye though!

·
Registered
581 Posts
cmooreboards said:
Nope, no hitting. I have about a 1/4" clearance. I flipped it so the top tube angle isn't so steep with the 8" fork on it. Good eye though!
Sorry man, What are saying about flipping the Shock Shuttle, have you flipped it change the angles of the bike? I ask this coz it seems it would change very little on my bullit?

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Nice...I had an '03. My first DH bike. Loved it. I miss it sometimes. :(
But yeah, that color is sick and it's a great build. Have fun!

·
Can I Borrow Some Style?
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CHUNKY NUGGET said:
Sorry man, What are saying about flipping the Shock Shuttle, have you flipped it change the angles of the bike? I ask this coz it seems it would change very little on my bullit?
It only changes it from about a 68 degree to like a 72 I think. Thats what they shop guys said. Its not a big change at all really, but I just hate riding too far back. And as for the gusset on the top tube, the guy who I bought it from said it was an 03' so he could of BS'ed me. I haven't really paid attention to it I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.