Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AussieLostInNyc
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than waste the rubber on my kenda klaws I threw on some cyclo cross tires today for city cruising. At the same time I thought I would put a cog on my flip flop hub and check out
what fixed riding was like. Well! After the humiliating crash trying to clip in out the front of my building I cruised off. I rode over the brooklyn bridge, cruised around and came to the following conclusion.
Track stands - way easier and lots of fun.
Everything else - a lot harder and very interesting.
I loved being able to slow the bike by resisting the spin and I can see the attraction and if funds permitted I would have another bike, perhaps a crosscheck, to ride the city but......
How do you guys ride single track??? I kept hitting my cranks going up the curb.
How do you navigate obstacles where you would normaly hold your pedals flat?
Whole bunch of new found respect to those of you who ride fixed on trails and double if you do it without brakes!

Gumby

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
indeed

Whole bunch of new found respect to those of you who ride fixed on trails and double if you do it without brakes!

Gumby[/QUOTE]

Yes, we are as gods living among you mere mortals.

Anyone who rides fixed without at least a front brake needs to break their chain, or throw the chain off the chainring, before declaring their method is best. We gods know better'n that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.