Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go faster!
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying this BB, but for the price I would like to have some more opinions about it.
Anyone used reset racing bottom brackets?
How do they perform and how long does the bearings last?

thanks

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
New style BBs are nothing but bearings in aluminum cups. I don't see a real difference in weight or performance between cheap and expensive models so why spend more?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm surprised that there is almost never any mention or comparison or measurement standard for the friction of bearing seals.

Back in the days of the Octalink V2, I bought a Dura-Ace 7700-series bottom bracket thinking it would have less bearing seal friction, and was surprised to find that it didn't.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
rockyuphill said:
The $40 XTR BB is only 13gms heavier than the Reset. With one 2.5mm spacer they weigh in at 89gms.
And unless you powerwash your seatpost clamp you can ditch the center sleeve. Then I bet the weights get even closer.

·
Go faster!
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can also remove the center sleeve in the Reset BB,
That's unsealed bearings I suppose... not that good but fast spinning :p
I suppose the blue washer and the other parts will be used to seal the bearings.
I've used XTR BB they lasted long, tryed some chinese BB named Prototype that lasted 1 month, now I'll try this one, see if it's good or not, at least I'll save some weight.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
What do you all think of delrin press in cups? My Enduro steel bearing bb just got in today and weights 36.0g/cup and 6.2g for the tube (BB86/92). Supposedly very high quality, we shall see.

·
Go faster!
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mortop BB uses almost the same cups with different bearings. It weights 82g for complete set and 68g without center sleeve and spacers and it costs 3 times less than Reset.
will most likely last 4 times less. mortop is not very famous for its quality, you should know that. This also applies to other chinese and taiwanese stuff, like aerozine, prototype etc....

I had such a BB on my commuter road bike. It gets used every day but doesn't get a lot of mileage. The Reset BB creaked pretty badly in less than a year. I wouldn't buy one again.
I'll let you know how my bb performs over time...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.