Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have an early 90's Gary Fisher Wahoo, small frame, rigid MT bike there for sale....really nice shape, all original parts, looks hardly ridden at all. I mean crisp gear teeth, no dirt, original tires, everything. I would like to buy it, but they are asking 200.00!!!:skep: No way! I offered 120 and she says no.

My plan is to put some road skinnies on it and have it as a low geared road rider....it's so lite. The bike has been there ever since I've been going there for the last two years....the bike won't sell cause it's to much money.... I offered three times to buy the bike The last offer i made was yesterday and all she will do is drop 10 dollars....:madmax:

I want that bike so bad, but they won't let me buy it for 120.00 ugggg

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
The problem is that there IS someone out there who will pay top dollar for stuff because they want it. I'd offer $150 cash and that's that.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Why get pissed? They have a business to run, cant do that by giving it away.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I once worked for someone who owned a small alternative clothing and associated counter culture stuff, ah the college years. He often would say, when asked about discounting items that had been on the shelf for a while, that because they had been on the shelf or in the display space that the value had actually increased as time went by.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bikes has been there for over two years, it isn't worth that much and it got pawned there by someone who probably only got 60 dollars for it. The best she'll do is 190.00

It's a nice little bike and I know it hasn't been ridden much if at all... It's a perfect fit with rigid fork. Ugggg I dunno....I may pull out the big guns, lay 150 in cash in front of her face and ask if I can roll it.

I've been begging ever sense I've seen it....so she may get sick of me.

Just last summer she got a hell of a nice Kona Blast-9 that looked like brand new. It was a NICE bike and as usual I didn't have any cash to lay down on it...She wanted 200.00 and I tried desperate to find the cash. God it was 9 speed, Deore stuff, shifted so smooth, all the tires and wheels checked out as original on Bikepedia...it was awesome. Sure enough it wasn't there two days and it was a heart break. Told me some dude came in and traded scuba equipment for it. UGGG!

That was twice the bike of the Wahoo she has had for two years and she wanted the same price....I don't get it... the Wahoo is old....just sell it to me already!

·
since 4/10/2009
31,435 Posts
pawn shops are BAD places to find deals.

you get the good ones that know what they have and what an appropriate selling price should be. then you get the crappy ones that ask too much. either way, you lose. they are for two types of people - those who NEED the cash from selling/pawning an item, and those who absolutely must have whatever particular item they have for sale. and they know it.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
They have an early 90's Gary Fisher Wahoo, small frame, rigid MT bike there for sale....really nice shape, all original parts, looks hardly ridden at all. I mean crisp gear teeth, no dirt, original tires, everything. I would like to buy it, but they are asking 200.00!!!:skep: No way! I offered 120 and she says no.

My plan is to put some road skinnies on it and have it as a low geared road rider....it's so lite. The bike has been there ever since I've been going there for the last two years....the bike won't sell cause it's to much money.... I offered three times to buy the bike The last offer i made was yesterday and all she will do is drop 10 dollars....:madmax:

I want that bike so bad, but they won't let me buy it for 120.00 ugggg
The bikes has been there for over two years, it isn't worth that much and it got pawned there by someone who probably only got 60 dollars for it. The best she'll do is 190.00

It's a nice little bike and I know it hasn't been ridden much if at all... It's a perfect fit with rigid fork. Ugggg I dunno....I may pull out the big guns, lay 150 in cash in front of her face and ask if I can roll it.

I've been begging ever sense I've seen it....so she may get sick of me.

Just last summer she got a hell of a nice Kona Blast-9 that looked like brand new. It was a NICE bike and as usual I didn't have any cash to lay down on it...She wanted 200.00 and I tried desperate to find the cash. God it was 9 speed, Deore stuff, shifted so smooth, all the tires and wheels checked out as original on Bikepedia...it was awesome. Sure enough it wasn't there two days and it was a heart break. Told me some dude came in and traded scuba equipment for it. UGGG!

That was twice the bike of the Wahoo she has had for two years and she wanted the same price....I don't get it... the Wahoo is old....just sell it to me already!

Oh man.. funny too because I just scored that exact bike from some pawn shop in Kentucky for $140. :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Bikes like that will sell much cheaper when you can find them for sale by individual owners. A business has to keep the lights on.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Waiting for Les from Hardcore Pawn to weigh in.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Skip the Pawn shops and go to craiglist/pinkbike/ebay.

I got this nice little commuter(99 Wahoo) for $60(his asking price). Great bike, needs nothing, and has a cateye on it.
View attachment 882047
View attachment 882048
The one I want has a rigid fork, same frame and graphics as yours. That is exactly what I want to do to it if I get it, road tires.

Nice bike... are they the MT bike gearing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts