Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had red grips with white stars and a little purple bell. It had the Aliante saddle I used in my last road racing season and a custom slow release setup for the rear hub. It was the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time.

So, to whomever stole my singlespeed today, hope you have Crank Brothers cleats. I do.

Attachments

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Evil Plot

It is all an evil plot... I am already hatching a terrible plan to build a NEW and FANCIER singlespeed for you.

Bwuahaha

Bwuahahahahaha

Sorry, that sucks.

chuky said:
It had red grips with white stars and a little purple bell. It had the Aliante saddle I used in my last road racing season and a custom slow release setup for the rear hub. It was the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time.

So, to whomever stole my singlespeed today, hope you have Crank Brothers cleats. I do.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Complacency

Not locked, but still out of sight inside a gate at our house. Never had problems in 6 years so we became careless.

Lock your bike even in your yard, or better yet, keep it locked inside!

J

Guital2 said:
Was it locked up...where at?
:

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
JMH said:
Not locked, but still out of sight inside a gate at our house. Never had problems in 6 years so we became careless.

Lock your bike even in your yard, or better yet, keep it locked inside!

J

:
Gah, I do that often.

"not anymore"

·
Play all day
126 Posts
Yikes! I'm sorry for your loss. My wife's always telling me to keep our garage door closed, because we have all these bikes in there, but I've never really thought about it.

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting Pacific Division crime stat

I did report the theft to the police - figured why not, especially since you can do it over the phone... Here is what I learned:

The officer that took my report said that 90% of thefts in the Pacific Division (Venice, Mar Vista, Palms) are commited by people cruising up and down alleys, looking over fences into backyards for easy things to take. A special piece of SoCal knowledge, I guess ;-)

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Update

New rig already in progress, will post when it starts to come together...

I am funding this by selling my Campagnolo Tool Set... if you have always wanted one, let me know! Theft forces sale! Ready to bargain! No reasonable offer refused! =)

J

chuky said:
I did report the theft to the police - figured why not, especially since you can do it over the phone... Here is what I learned:

The officer that took my report said that 90% of thefts in the Pacific Division (Venice, Mar Vista, Palms) are commited by people cruising up and down alleys, looking over fences into backyards for easy things to take. A special piece of SoCal knowledge, I guess ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.