Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Snow(ed) In Men. Me in Denver, too much whiteout. No offense intended whyte folk. Me and two riding buddies from the COS area are wanting to head to Santa Fe March/April. We may need to stay low and aviod altitude as we want no more snow/rain , and warmer temps.

We like technical rocky single track and have ample legs and intake manifolds which power our full suspendies. We all seem to go to Utah for away trips and I have been tasked to devise a mischevious plan to make some good rides happen in March/April in the Santa Fe area. I am clueless. PLEASE HELP !

Would love something challenging and fun, free from the crowds, free from snow, rain, and bad vibes. We like to ride daily, camp out, explore, leave no trace, etc. We're planning to drive and camp out.

All recommendations greatly appreciated and pics would be an added bonus. Thank you all in advance...load em up now !

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
ummm...as much as I've ridden the SF trails, you'd be much better off posting this in the NM forum. They're pretty nice and probably won't bite, and they will know the trails a little better than most in this forum, except for maybe Lidarman..

btw, just so you know, the Sf area has been getting hit by the same storms as the Denver area, meaning that many of the trails (and better camping areas) may very well be as inaccessible as the Front Range trails..

for pics, look through the threads for ssweetleaf, and check out his blog. lots of pix and trail write-ups..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sports...

The reason I posted here is so that folks in our area could recommend and share how their NM recommendations compare to our local trails. Kind of like 'if you know what I like and am used you can qualify that xyz trainl in NM is like ABC trail here ...'.

This was I can have a more objective comparison. Thanks for your suggestion I will do so after it plays out tocally.

Thanks again.!

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
I know front range trails, and I know NM trails. What trails here do you like, or what are you looking for.

Regardless, this year looks to be a bad year to ride in SF so early. Dale Ball will be open, and they are very buff, very fun trails. The climbing can sneak up on you, I'm not sure what around here is comparable.

Los Alamos trails are great, can be very rocky with lots of steep climbs, and a few longer climbs. IMHO, the most challenging, interesting, best trail in NM is the Guaje Ridge, but you're gonna have to way for the snow melt..

The trails to aim for in SF are windsor trail, and all of it's offshoots. essentially, these can go from town heading out Dale Ball, and then climbing a little road, all the way to the top of the ski area. But, with the way this year is going, they'll likely be under snow.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Nm

Ask Glenzx. That guy is always helpful. You can find him on the passion or NM boards.

edit: Typo above....I can't type lately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.