Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I dig trails!
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up FATRAC's new website and am looking to source more photography.

I've seen loads of kick @ss photo in this forum, so if you want to share and have them part of the new FATRAC website, post em up here! (and provide credit info, so I can include)

Images will be used as part of the main images on the Home page, main image on sub pages and side images to support the subject of the text.

Requirements:
- Must be FATRAC related trails: Auburn, Salmon Falls, Granite Bay, Hole in the Ground, Flemming Meadows, Hidden Falls...
- No "goat" trails

Types of photos (very open):
- Can be with or without riders, riding, or not, great landscapes too
- Can be big or small (Bigger has bigger opportunities)
- XC, DH, AM, kids, monkeys, even 40-inch-wheeled-fat-tired-single-speeders-with-tatoos-and-funny-mustaches... but no fixies!!! (kidding.)

Bring it!

P

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
IMG00004-20100408-1644.jpg
Granite Bay - near Beek's Bight (the "Back nine" on the Twin Rocks course)

IMG00006-20100408-1645.jpg
Same section. Did some trail maintenance with FATRAC at this spot a few years back.

IMG00009-20100408-1658.jpg
Granite Bay - near Doton's Point (when the water is low....heck, when the heck is it ever high?!)

2012-03-22 16.48.24.jpg
****-8/Brown's Ravine

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm building up FATRAC's new website and am looking to source more photography.

I've seen loads of kick @ss photo in this forum, so if you want to share and have them part of the new FATRAC website, post em up here! (and provide credit info, so I can include)

Images will be used as part of the main images on the Home page, main image on sub pages and side images to support the subject of the text.

Requirements:
- Must be FATRAC related trails: Auburn, Salmon Falls, Granite Bay, Hole in the Ground, Flemming Meadows, Hidden Falls...
- No "goat" trails

Types of photos (very open):
- Can be with or without riders, riding, or not, great landscapes too
- Can be big or small (Bigger has bigger opportunities)
- XC, DH, AM, kids, monkeys, even 40-inch-wheeled-fat-tired-single-speeders-with-tatoos-and-funny-mustaches... but no fixies!!! (kidding.)

Bring it!

P

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear this. A good, fresh website is critical to appearances.

The Fatrac site has gotten stale. There is renewed energy from IMBA/FATRAC that I keep encountering, and a fresh website will help others feel it too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I made an edit of culvert/confluence from last fall and i'd be super stoked if you added it to your site:

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/79656119">riding auburn nov 17, 2013</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user10318771">parkmeister</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Any aspiring photog's out there wanna head for the hills for a photo session?! let me know! I think Im good enough to at least look decent riding, plus I got some bright jerseys and a shiny bike so I can look the part while sipping beer in the parking lot at the trailhead! Lol.

I thought for sure Id have some worthy shots, but at second glance most all my photos are of Tahoe, D'ville, etc. It appears Ive been neglecting the local stuff and taking its ascetics for granted

·
I've had a Pliny
400 Posts
Great, thanks everyone! I can use these.

Very cool that I can bring the rider's photos into the site.

P
This is awesome. Great idea using these pics. Could be an ongoing section of the FATRAC site - local pictures.

Stoked to see the new site unveiled!

·
I dig trails!
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is awesome. Great idea using these pics. Could be an ongoing section of the FATRAC site - local pictures.

Stoked to see the new site unveiled!
We are planning on having a "Locals" section that we will be updating monthly/bi-monthly; highlighting local builders, local pros, local shops, local teams, local races... basically those that are contributing to the greatness of our local MTB culture. A way to publicly call out people and say thanks.

So many have done so much for MTB in our area, they deserve some recognition and thanks.

P

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Holy UPGRADE batman! P, you da man! Beers on me from here on out post ride and fatrac meetings! Perhaps this needs a thread of its own?

·
I dig trails!
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For those that have images on the website, send PM me your real name, MTBR name or pimp name for the credit.

Thanks for the photos! I'm stoked I could use images from the riders. Something is pure about that.

P

1 - 20 of 21 Posts