Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a lurker on this board (well, until now, anyway). While you may not have thought so, the Alaska board is worthy of lurking. I find the whole notion of riding in Alaska pretty adventurous and romantic. I grew up in a place with snowy winters - northern Michigan - long before mtbs were common, much less winter riding. I have been in Southern California for over 20 years now. I like to look at the riding you do in Alaska now and imagine what it would have been like to have had a Fatbike when I was growing up. Or imagine maybe going to Alaska someday to ride in the snow. Wierd, huh?

But enough about me. Lets talk about this board, and I what I want from it (irony intended). And in a word: pictures! We have all seen lots of pictures of groomed, dry singletrack, and believe me, I would look at good riding pics from anywhere all day.

But there is a real paucity of winter riding pics in the world. What do camps in the snow look like? What the the trails look like? Do you establish networks of trails between snowfalls? Do they move around? What do glacier rides look like - can you establish trails on them that snowmobiles don't take?

Yeah, you could answer these questions, but pics are the best answers. So, if you got nice pics, lets see em. If not, then please take the time on your next ride to take some and post them here.

Just my request.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Over 300 photos

Here's a link to my website. Mostly about winter mtn. biking in Alaska but with some summer content. Last time I counted there were over 150 photos on the site. There's probably more photos on the "rides" section than the photo pages. There is also a link to my yahoo photo album which is mostly biking related, over 160 pictures there. Hope that will give you an Alaska photo fix. t

http://home.gci.net/~winterbiker/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.