Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new shower curtain rod today instead of tossing the old one in a landfill, I wanted to think of a way to repurpose it. I was going through a few ideas and then came up with a good solution. I don't have a ton of tools but my shelves were starting to get cluttered and I hate when I can't find something.

I ran out of rope toward the end so things are a bit clumped but there's plenty of room for more and bigger tools. Sure a pegboard would look nicer, but I don't need tools hanging in my garage to look pretty.

photo.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice. I'm trying to make a point to get more bike specific tools in my garage too, and have been on a garage organization kick. Got some pegboard up myself. Sure as heck makes things a lot easier when stuff is up off the floor!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Do you have to untie the tools every time? I can't tell, but if so that looks like it would be a pita. If using the hooks to hang then looks great and I can see that being pretty handy in that you could hang a tool on the bike stand while working.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,380 Posts
Do you have to untie the tools every time? I can't tell, but if so that looks like it would be a pita. If using the hooks to hang then looks great and I can see that being pretty handy in that you could hang a tool on the bike stand while working.
Hard to see, if it would be me I would use some sort of hangman's knot.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'd use probably use some heavy wire instead of the cordage. That way, you could create S hooks and twist-tighten around the curtain rod to keep them from shifting, and get creative to customize the end holding the tool for each specific tool (much like the oval shape for pliers, round shape for screwdriver, u-shape for hammer, etc.).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts