Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been OTB for almost a month with some overworked back muscles (New bar postion does it to me every time) Things are square now so I'm back in the game!
I decided to take a casual ride about the local stomp. Nothing too strenuous... just warming up the ole vertabrae. I hooked up on the trail with a goodfella by the name of Michael dialing in the Reba on his golden Mongoose.

Like I said I played it safe and only hit the fun stuff twice each.

Warmed it up on "MFT" with a driveway ramp:

Then I found this little scooter slope:

A quick bunny hop off this curb:

Mike considered rolling it and decided to memorize it for next time (Been there done that)

more...

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More invalid fun...

I found something a shade steeper down the lane:

Just like the others I Went back for a second helping:

Nope that wasn't an endo in progress...it's just sorta vertical.

We found this sturdy sapling to lift a tire over:

I decided to show Mike the value of momentum:

See easy as P... I.. Oh SPIT!

more...

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Rocks are our friends:

The fun was infectous:

Grooooooooveeee!!!!

But all good things must come to an end, and the road home is a happy one:

After we split up, I bomed down a rock garden and pinch-flatted 100yards from the parking lot... a very good day! Let's hope my lumbars feel the same about it tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
BZ, great shots, great post........... Have to say it "those shorts look FANTASTIC compared to the old lycras" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope the back is all good now...:thumbsup:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, it's scary to think that YOU were the first person I thought about when donning those shorts.:D

·
Well Biked
1,959 Posts
Zilla,
Sorry to hear you have been down with an injury. I would think the RFX bar position would be a bit more back friendly the the Spot's.

Great pics! Makes me feel like I was there. Very nice playground you've got there! That little tree at the bottom of the really steep roll looks like it could be trouble!

How much of that did you attempt before on your spot?

Hope your backs OK tomorrow after that endo!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Dude, it's scary to think that YOU were the first person I thought about when donning those shorts.:D
BE SCARED.........:yikes:

You know its the small things that make the whole picture........LOL................ Its the icing on the cake...................... The Gold Madalion & Rider going well...........

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Great stuff Zilla, that last rock roller looks nasty, the baggies look cool, is that the retro "cargo shorts over lycra" setup?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Nice pics Zilla - love the crash sequence.

can't wait to get back out on the trails myself.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Septi' : The first one is the only thing I've done on the Spot. A big bike really gives you T66 Balls. Now that I'm familliar with them, I could hit any of it on the Spot w/o hesitation (cept the drop) .

Double-R: The hew and cry for asthetic decency simply got too loud...that and too many Krispy Kremes. I snagged 3 pair of $9 trail shorts from Steep&Cheap:thumbsup: I wear them as shells over my riding lycra. I bought them one or two sizes too big though. The right leg actually swings around the seat post and snaggs my QR lever, and I have to run it vertical.

SS: If you check the 2nd to last pic on the crash you'llsee the little 3" rock that stopped my front wheel. I my mind was totally beyond that move and 100 yards down the trail(ie It was a done deal in my head) I never saw that little beyotch and it was sitting on the back edge of a hollow which made it the perfect door stop.

I love rollers... just get back, have faith, and hang on!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Septi' : The first one is the only thing I've done on the Spot. A big bike really gives you T66 Balls. Now that I'm familliar with them, I could hit any of it on the Spot w/o hesitation (cept the drop) .

Double-R: The hew and cry for asthetic decency simply got too loud...that and too many Krispy Kremes. I snagged 3 pair of $9 trail shorts from Steep&Cheap:thumbsup: I wear them as shells over my riding lycra. I bought them one or two sizes too big though. The right leg actually swings around the seat post and snaggs my QR lever, and I have to run it vertical.

SS: If you check the 2nd to last pic on the crash you'llsee the little 3" rock that stopped my front wheel. I my mind was totally beyond that move and 100 yards down the trail(ie It was a done deal in my head) I never saw that little beyotch and it was sitting on the back edge of a hollow which made it the perfect door stop.

I love rollers... just get back, have faith, and hang on!
BZ, I noticed the seat QR sticking upright higher than a honeymooners %&/%"/. I just got some Oakley shorts int eh States that last trip, a little too baggy, flop everwhere, get hung up. I need to plump up a little, am too whafe like.....

Great shots though, all good...:thumbsup:

·