Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
skinny-tire said:
Anybody know where I can get one of these? I just noticed mine is missing. I believe it's a 08 model.
08 66 RC3?

If so, take a look at the bottom and make sure you didn't shear off the brass adjustment rod that the knob attaches along with it as thats usually the case.

If the brass part is still there, then I believe Cactus might have the knobs. If not, I might have one laying around from my 888.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sixsixtysix said:
08 66 RC3?

If so, take a look at the bottom and make sure you didn't shear off the brass adjustment rod that the knob attaches along with it as thats usually the case.

If the brass part is still there, then I believe Cactus might have the knobs. If not, I might have one laying around from my 888.
I'm pretty sure it's just the cap. To be honest, I wasn't even aware it was missing until I was talking to some folks about dampening over the weekend (I'm the kind of guy who does not mess around a lot with the components). I went to adjust it Sunday, and noticed a knob appeared to be gone. It has a small hex bolt, which I assume the knob fits over. Here is a photo:

Attachments

G

·
skinny-tire said:
I'm pretty sure it's just the cap. To be honest, I wasn't even aware it was missing until I was talking to some folks about dampening over the weekend (I'm the kind of guy who does not mess around a lot with the components). I went to adjust it Sunday, and noticed a knob appeared to be gone. It has a small hex bolt, which I assume the knob fits over. Here is a photo:
Thats got to be a 06 or 07, the 08 has a knob which hangs lower than the foot of the fork and isn't tucked up like yours is in the picture.

I am pretty sure Cactus has those in stock, or at least has one laying around.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
hope you find one.

I've had those pop off both my rock shox forks. I found an extra on the trail, and now just keep it with my tools since its not a setting I have ever felt the need to adjust on the trail.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chollaball said:
hope you find one.

I've had those pop off both my rock shox forks. I found an extra on the trail, and now just keep it with my tools since its not a setting I have ever felt the need to adjust on the trail.
Yea, to be honest, I've never adjusted this. The only reason I noticed it is, a buddy of mine said the dampening on my Reba on my 29er was too fast, and recommended I slow it down. I did notice a difference, so I thought I'd try the same on the big bike, and realized the knob was gone. I can still turn this, but it's a bit difficult...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sixsixtysix said:
Thats got to be a 06 or 07, the 08 has a knob which hangs lower than the foot of the fork and isn't tucked up like yours is in the picture.

I am pretty sure Cactus has those in stock, or at least has one laying around.
Thx, I'll give them a ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts