Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had this Maverick Reposado for @ 1 1/2 years and have had it it in various states of completion, but really haven't done much with it. Recently, I got interested in endurance racing and it occured to me that this might make a nice platform for rougher courses. So, in a spasm of boredom and curiosity I've begun building it up again.
Since there is no information available on the Maverick website about these creatures, I was wondering if anyone else out there has one of these beasts? What their experiences with them has been? Any set-up tips? Any horror stories?
Thank you in advance for any information you might share with me.

·
Deroymac
41 Posts
I've owned my Reposado since 2002 (S/N Belle REPO 10-18-02). It's been a great bike. I've used it for 100mi, 12hr, XC races and a lots of great single track riding.
It has a steeper head and seat angle than ML-7's of that time period. It was also built from a lighter tubeset and can use V-brakes. Since it only has 3" of rear travel (used a lighter air/no coil spring shock) Paul recommended using 80mm travel forks. I'm using Fox F80X.
It can easly be built up sub 25lbs.

In 2004 I started racing on a HT 29er for shorter XC races (I turned 50 and our races are only ~ 1 hr long) and I was surprised when pre-riding that Repo was faster on some courses!

In 2006 I bought a FS 29er (4" f/r) which is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden, but it's still fun to take Repo out and rip-up tight single tracks. It's like a small/fast sports car.

The other nice thing about Repo is that you don't see a lot of them. In fact I've never see another one. When I meet a Mav owner on the trail most never heard of a Reposado.

Hope you got it built up and are enjoying it :D

·
You stink
25 Posts
Spoon Farmer said:
I've owned my Reposado since 2002 (S/N Belle REPO 10-18-02). It's been a great bike. I've used it for 100mi, 12hr, XC races and a lots of great single track riding.
It has a steeper head and seat angle than ML-7's of that time period. It was also built from a lighter tubeset and can use V-brakes. Since it only has 3" of rear travel (used a lighter air/no coil spring shock) Paul recommended using 80mm travel forks. I'm using Fox F80X.
It can easly be built up sub 25lbs.

In 2004 I started racing on a HT 29er for shorter XC races (I turned 50 and our races are only ~ 1 hr long) and I was surprised when pre-riding that Repo was faster on some courses!

In 2006 I bought a FS 29er (4" f/r) which is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden, but it's still fun to take Repo out and rip-up tight single tracks. It's like a small/fast sports car.

The other nice thing about Repo is that you don't see a lot of them. In fact I've never see another one. When I meet a Mav owner on the trail most never heard of a Reposado.

Hope you got it built up and are enjoying it :D
I thought I was the only one with a Repo. My born on dating in august 2003 and it;s name is "Viva Repo" Maverick said I may have the last one ever made. Light, fast, and corners better than many. I found the frame in late 06 in a shop in Texas and it was never built up. I will never get rid of it even though it doesn't get to much time on the trail, but when I'm in the mood for fast single track or the once in a blue moon endurance race it is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.