Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought it was technically already closed to shooting. Are there finally going to be "No Shooting" signs at 38?

The form is nice though, hopefully this form and the information collected from it is effective.

At the same time though, it is well known that 38 is a popular shooting area even though it technically is not allowed, and it still happens all the time out there.

·
I should be out riding
1,858 Posts
Does WTA stand for Washington Tattling Aholes?

I'm guessing they'll put forms like these up next to report speeders.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
What about tattling on all the hikers that short cut the switchbacks on the hiker only Mt. Si Trail? That should keep them more than busy enough.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at the targets at the Static Point climbing area parking lot and noticing they have been shooting up the old road that you are going to walk up and back on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think they should outlaw hiking in our shooting areas...marksmanship was popular before walking around in the woods with no apparent reason or goal. Harvey Manning is a *****.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You are right, no one enjoyed wandering in the outdoors before gunpowder was invented. I hope you were being sarcastic.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
When I'm Queen of the Universe, there will be more wine and chocolate, no Mondays, and in the woods there will be One Rule For Them All: DON'T BE AN AZZHOLE.

That would mean hikers would quit cutting and quit grousing. That would mean shooters would be responsible and not drunk and pick up their leftovers. It would mean horses would be off stuff that was obviously getting torn up by hooves. It would mean snowmobilers would slow down within 5-10 miles of snowparks and share with skiers et al. It would mean Motos and 4wd folks would not shred up muddy meadows. It would mean bikers would watch for others and remain as courteous as everyone else.

Violators would be caned on first offense, and put in increasingly long time-outs after that.

Oh, and meth-heads would be exiled to their own island to do their thing and annoy each other, hereafter known as "Methopotamia".

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great news

I spent a few days at 38 last week and it was really nice to not hear shooting. There are new signs up all over and the place is all cleaned up for the most part. Bottomline is that the entire I-90 corridor is packed with people playing in the woods. I've seen people pop out of the woods at random spots plenty of times. The people shooting up there had/have no regard for safety. We were up there a few weeks ago and there was a group of folks shooting across the road where the dirt road crosses the John Wayne trail. Each time we drove by they had to raise their guns to allow us to drive by because we were literally in the line of fire! I see maybe 1 in 10 shooters being responsible up there. I for one am pretty happy to no longer duck bullets to ride my bike up there. It was outta hand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
verslowrdr said:
When I'm Queen of the Universe, there will be more wine and chocolate, no Mondays, and in the woods there will be One Rule For Them All: DON'T BE AN AZZHOLE.

That would mean hikers would quit cutting and quit grousing. That would mean shooters would be responsible and not drunk and pick up their leftovers. It would mean horses would be off stuff that was obviously getting torn up by hooves. It would mean snowmobilers would slow down within 5-10 miles of snowparks and share with skiers et al. It would mean Motos and 4wd folks would not shred up muddy meadows. It would mean bikers would watch for others and remain as courteous as everyone else.

Violators would be caned on first offense, and put in increasingly long time-outs after that.

Oh, and meth-heads would be exiled to their own island to do their thing and annoy each other, hereafter known as "Methopotamia".
Well said! Responsibility with a hint of tolerance thrown in. Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They need more/better places designated for shooting, same thing for bikes.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about this being that I like shooting way more than I like biking, though I try to be safe as possible when I go shooting.

I find the political climate to be very anti-gun around here... at least on the western side of the state.

Oh well I'll just keep on biking as well as shooting my "evil assault weapon" aka AR-15 legally.

Molon Labe!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts