Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if the ski resorts are opening with the snow we got this week, we went out to Mt-Habitant (near St-Sauveur) to ride the trails we cleaned up last week with the ADSVMQ.org trail crew.

You can find the full report at www.clubveloepic.org

We had a odd meeting point in the parking lot of an opened ski resort... did we look strange?

In all, 5 riders showed up and the stuff was really technical to ride... but the trails were in amazing shape!

Bruno:

Sebastien (theMatrixMan):

Dan aka Da Prez (dfo):

Karine:

Eric aka BigJay:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, that looks like fun. How does all that snow affect traction on the technical trails?

I was just out riding on a snow covered rail trail, and it worked ok, but i definately noticed a lack of traction. I didnt know more technical trails can be ridden in snow.

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We rode on "Vertigo" in the laurentian... the trail was built by locals... it's a smooth twisting climb on the back side of the mountain and then one technical rollercoaster on the way down. There was a maintenace day a week before so everything was clean under the snow... nothing but frozen ground... no leaves or nothing...

It was still slippery... hence the fun! But you can manage riding technical trails with less then 3-4in... anything above that becomes a real pain in the ass...

We're riding again this week-end... but the snow melted today... it's something like 12-14C out there today!

I'll post pics of the ride again next week...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.